Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vpinmame info for noobies...

I will start by stating I am certainly no expert with vpinmame. From what I can see though there is no tutorial on getting things up and running on AA. I will try and keep this as simple as possible and if any of you other guys and girls want to add info please feel free to do so, as I said, there may be easier ways to do things then the way I say, im just trying to keep this as simple as possible.

1. Download Visual Pinball with vpinmame package install from here. This will install Visual Pinball, vpinmame and also alot of the pain in the ass files you use to have to go looking for all at once.

Go to step 3. if not using vista.

2. Right click on shortcut icon on desktop for VP (visual pinball) in shortcut tab click on advanced. Tick "run as administrator" then OK then APPLY then OK again. If VP is not run in administrator mode the tables will load up but you may not be able to start a game (you will be able to nudge the table but thats it).

3. Once game is installed its time for some table's and roms. If you want to just play classic table (EM's) you dont need roms and can just download the table.

Big list of downloadable tables here. http://www.arcadeathome.com/pinball.phtml

Another download list of table's here = http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownload.html Remember vpinmame tables will need the matching roms to run them.

list of roms are here for download = http://pinballnirvana.com/modules/UpDownload/store_folder/Visual_PinMAME/roms/

Good source of machine info and roms, just do a search for the machine = ipd

4. Once a table is downloaded you need to extract it to your "tables" folder. The tables folder is in the VP program file (wherever you installed VP to at the start). If you downloaded a classic table (EM) then its ready to play. This is generally what I would do first up just so I know VP is installed and working before trying to get it to run vpinmame.

5. Once you have downloaded a rom or roms for a table the zip file just needs to be placed in the ROMS folder, DO NOT UNZIP THE ROMS ZIP! If there is more then one rom file in the roms list for a particular game then download them all and put them all in the roms folder. Just like mame some rom zips work in cooperation with the other rom zips.

6. Open VP, open a table and hope it works!

Press 5 or 6 to insert a coin

Press 1 to start game

Press enter to launch the ball

Left and Right shift are flipper's

z and ? are nudge left and right

space bar is nudge up.

If bad roms then VP will give you a list of rom files that are missing and then you can go search for them.

Some vpinmame games will just load the rom files and do a system check first time load and cannot be played, all you need to do is exit the table and load it up again.

Hopefully this will help people trying to get this up and running.

Here is a picture of IJ for some inspiration :D ;

attachment.php?attachmentid=9765&d=1234358061

If there is any tables that you are having trouble getting running I offer my services to help out.

Cheers.

Edited by FLEX

<trim>

1. Download Visual Pinball with vpinmame package install from here =. This will install Visual Pinball, vpinmame and also alot of the pain in the ass files you use to have to go looking for all at once.

</trim>

I might just be a dumbass but ...

Did you mean to add a hyperlink OR do you mean from the AA site?

Stu

If there is any tables that you are having trouble getting running I offer my services to help out.

Cheers.

Dunno if i'm doin something wrong, i can bring it all up but cant get a game goin :unsure

I'm using enter to get the ball goin but nothin happens :x.

I might just be a dumbass but ...

Did you mean to add a hyperlink OR do you mean from the AA site?

Stu

Yeah soz, fixed now ;).

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Dunno if i'm doin something wrong, i can bring it all up but cant get a game goin :unsure

I'm using enter to get the ball goin but nothin happens :x.

Are you putting in a coin first? If not press 5 or 6 to insert coin, then press 1 to start game, then you should see a ball pop up in the plunger area, then you launch the ball by pressing enter.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Have included default key setup in tutorial..

Yeah soz, fixed now ;).

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Are you putting in a coin first? If not press 5 or 6 to insert coin, then press 1 to start game, then you should see a ball pop up in the plunger area, then you launch the ball by pressing enter.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Have included default key setup in tutorial..

I'll have another crack, i was doin it after a pm shift so might have been a bit dopey at the time. flippers worked, coins inserted etc plunger wouldnt work. I'll have a crack again 2nite when i get home from work :sleep

p.s. where'd ya get the indy table??

I'll have another crack, i was doin it after a pm shift so might have been a bit dopey at the time. flippers worked, coins inserted etc plunger wouldnt work. I'll have a crack again 2nite when i get home from work :sleep

p.s. where'd ya get the indy table??

Yeah no probs, just make sure you see a ball pop up in the launch lane, if so hold down enter for a while, some games wont launch the ball if you just tap the enter button. Let me know how you go. Also what table is it your trying to play? I cant actually remember where I got indy from, ill have a look and let you know.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I found the IJ table hear in "Step 1. download all files" window. Its a shame you can no longer go to one site like you use to be able to to get any of the tables but there all still floating around on the web, just a matter of doing a search.

Yeah no probs, just make sure you see a ball pop up in the launch lane, if so hold down enter for a while, some games wont launch the ball if you just tap the enter button. Let me know how you go. Also what table is it your trying to play?

attack from mars

cheers again. I'll get it sussed after i've had some sleep :x

I downloaded an absolute shitload of tables years ago, ill see if there is a fish tales still on that pc...

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Download fish tales from here . Then grab all the ft rom files from the above rom download link. I will add this table download site to the tutorial as it has heaps of popular tables.

I downloaded an absolute shitload of tables years ago, ill see if there is a fish tales still on that pc...

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Download fish tales from here . Then grab all the ft rom files from the above rom download link. I will add this table download site to the tutorial as it has heaps of popular tables.

Thanks Flex you're the king. So much for tidying up my shed today :D

Cheers

LT.

I can load the table, and have no sound and cant play.

Did you download the VP install pack from the link in this thread or an could it be an old version? The reason I linked the pack on the tutorial is because it includes all those sound scripts and heaps of other files vpinmame may need to run certain tables.

Also, are you running vista?

It's been a while but in the past I have tried to play Heavy Metal Meltdown 1.0 I can get the table to load, and it sits there in attract mode but I don't know how to start it? It there a different button for the coin? I have got all the other tables I have to start play.

With many of the pinmame tables (the ones with the roms) when you run them for the first time and everything loads up and you are looking at the table but nothing will work try pressing F3 to initiate the settings. So that Factory Settings Restored dissapears from the DMD. Then put in a coin 5 and press 1 to start.

use 9 and 8 to turn up/down the volume

awesome.... thanks heaps !!! :D

works really well - didn't help the boy's desperate desire for GNR....

----------

so far, got TAF & GNR to work properly, but having issues with TSPP.....

i've downloaded the table from the link in the first post, but cant find the matching ROM files... supposedly named simpprty.zip

?? im confused lol

Did you download the VP install pack from the link in this thread or an could it be an old version? The reason I linked the pack on the tutorial is because it includes all those sound scripts and heaps of other files vpinmame may need to run certain tables.

Also, are you running vista?

Yep running vista, and I got as far as a picture of the table to run. But it wouldnt play at all. I downloaded the easy install version and the older one and had the same problem. I had this working on an XP machine last year, so I will just add it to another reason why I hate vista.

Nice guide ... I'll give it a go in the next few days .....

Ive tried getting this to run ages ago , but i could never get it working full screen.

I might even have to put another 2 buttons into the jukebox and install it into there .

awesome.... thanks heaps !!! :D

works really well - didn't help the boy's desperate desire for GNR....

----------

so far, got TAF & GNR to work properly, but having issues with TSPP.....

i've downloaded the table from the link in the first post, but cant find the matching ROM files... supposedly named simpprty.zip

?? im confused lol

Great stuff kitty!!

I got TSPP goin, make sure you have the version from here and then I downloaded the roms from here , scroll down to the simpsons and download the 4meg pinmame rom. I have updated the tutorial with the ipd database link as another rom site. Let me know how you go.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/modules/UpDownload/shots/1430.jpg

----------

Yep running vista, and I got as far as a picture of the table to run. But it wouldnt play at all. I downloaded the easy install version and the older one and had the same problem. I had this working on an XP machine last year, so I will just add it to another reason why I hate vista.

Could be a silly question but are you running VP in admin mode?

Great stuff kitty!!

I got TSPP goin, make sure you have the version from here and then I downloaded the roms from here , scroll down to the simpsons and download the 4meg pinmame rom. I have updated the tutorial with the ipd database link as another rom site. Let me know how you go.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/modules/UpDownload/shots/1430.jpg

----------

Could be a silly question but are you running VP in admin mode?

think it asked me to install in admin mode, but sure I didnt try and run it in admin mode.......wouldnt think I needed to

:unsure