Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ipac 2 wiring

Collapse

Topics related to the hardware and software used in setting up a MAME cab IE. Jpac, frontend and OS

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipac 2 wiring

Hi guys a quick question. I have wired up my ipac 2 and it turns out i have mixed up the up and down with the left and right. There is a progam i found that says you can remap the inputs , could i remap the joystick to fix the up down left and right issue or will i have to rewire the joystick?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Originally posted by Throff View Post
    Hi guys a quick question. I have wired up my ipac 2 and it turns out i have mixed up the up and down with the left and right. There is a progam i found that says you can remap the inputs , could i remap the joystick to fix the up down left and right issue or will i have to rewire the joystick?

Try here: Page Not Found

Note that this page lists to Ultimarc controllers produced from 2016 onwards. There is a link at the top of the page for older controllers.

Comment

You can definitely remap the controls but why wouldn't you just swap the few wires and make it right. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

Brad
      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Depending on how you've done the wiring you may just be able to move the micro switches to suit too.
        Last edited by Fire_Power; 31 January 2017, 10:16 AM. Reason: clarity of expression

Comment

If you're going to use software to make the change, make sure to use the ultmarc stuff - that's effectively firmware. Don't use something like JoytoKey or Xpadder unless you have no other choice. both programs work well, but some other emulators and instances can tell the difference (Mame, mednafen) and that can get you into trouble. There are always ways around this, but again, it always equals messing around.

Comment

Just rewire it correctly. Much easier to do it now while you are still putting things together and as others have stated shouldn't take long to do. Get it right first then you won't ever need to worry about it again.

Comment

+1 for fixing the wiring. Add a few months/years down the track and you'll be scratching your head as you'd have forgotten your remap hack by then.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Using the ipac program i have been able work out how i have done it wrong and today i realised that i can just unscrew the wire at the terminals on the ipac and change the wires around then relable them. Saves me getting back into the control board , its a bit awakward to get back in there

Comment

All sorted now everything working as it should be

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X