X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -= 3D Aracde =-

Now this is a sweet front end !!!

http://3darcade.mameworld.net/

Anyone using it ? What do you think of it ???

I've played around with it a bit, I think it's probably the best front end around and when I make my dream cab I'll probably spend a lot of time customising it to my liking, but till then I'm staying with Mamewah it's a lot easier to customise and my current cab doesn't have a CPU good enough to run 3darcade.

Comment

.. and mameWah is awesome too!!!

Comment

cant run 3d in dos but it is by far the best windoz FE i have seen i just dnlded the new version for mame 10 and it has all artwerk 3 gig worth
        The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Couple of questions about this 3D Arcade...

Originally posted by davefjedi
          cant run 3d in dos but it is by far the best windoz FE i have seen i just dnlded the new version for mame 10 and it has all artwerk 3 gig worth
          Does the 3D Arcade come with all the artwork (ie: screenshots, etc) as a standard? Or is it like MameWah where you have to source all your own artwork files?
          Also.. does 3D Arcade support other emus besides MAME?

cya
          Smit

Comment

Originally posted by thesmit
            Does the 3D Arcade come with all the artwork (ie: screenshots, etc) as a standard? Or is it like MameWah where you have to source all your own artwork files?
            Also.. does 3D Arcade support other emus besides MAME?

cya
            Smit
            I see the latest download version now includes the following:

AVAILABLE NOW: v1.0
            -3d arcade v0.94.2 and all 3Darcade files up to 1/10/2005
            -MAME artfiles up to 0.100 plus videos and extra marquees
            -Visual piinball artfiles, more than 900 tables covered
            -some extra commodore stuff

SOON COMING: v2.0
            console selsets c64/c amiga/atari2600/5200/7800/sega mastersystem/genesis,coleco/vectrex/ maybe more
            updated arcades content, a "megacade" with all arcades interlinked and themed
            update of 3darcade, models, skins, etc
            clrmamepro and dats for renaming the roms for them match the master gamelists

COMING LATER: v3.0
            console: nintendo NES/SNES/GBA/N64/game and watches and more (bally astrocade, adventurevision and all that crap that works in mess
            computers ; amstrad, sinclair zx, atari ST
            and of course updates from 3darcade site.

Link for info here:http://echo.messageboard.nl/2243/viewtopic.php?t=1895

Like most frontends you can run all sort of emulators and they also have 3D models of pinball machines etc. for pinmame.
            Last edited by RetroBorg; 11th December 2005, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Its about 1.5 gig to get all the 3D Cabs and the avi's of the games
              just finished D/l them all ...This is gunna take some nuttin out

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbox
                Its about 1.5 gig to get all the 3D Cabs and the avi's of the games
                just finished D/l them all ...This is gunna take some nuttin out
                I'm getting broadband shortly so I'll wait till I have that before downloading all the cabs and avi's.

Are you going to use 3D Arcade as a virtual arcade style front end that you walk around and select games or make something more like Mamewah style but utilize things like a ultracade wheel plus the 3D cabs etc?

It would seem the best front end (3D-Arcade) just got even better with this compile. How long did it take you to download 3gig davefjedi?
                Last edited by RetroBorg; 11th December 2005, 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I like the 3D arcade style i guess thats why i like this frontend more than the others..Dont get me wrong the other frontends are great and a lot of work has gone in to them . But for a Windows based mame machine 3D is the way to go

Comment

took me a day to dnld at work would dake a couple of days on broadband 512 meg connection i was downloading at a constant 110 k sec if you need i can copy to a dvd and post just pm me your address

Comment

took me a day to dnld at work would dake a couple of days on broadband 512 meg connection i was downloading at a constant 110 k sec if you need i can copy to a dvd and post just pm me your address
                      Thanks davefjedi,

I would love a copy, pm sent.

Thanks.

Retro

Comment

I've been playing around a little bit with 3D Arcade, davefjedi was nice enough to send me a copy of the DVD disc.

It's easily has the most features of any front end I've ever seen, unfortunately it's a pretty steep learning curve but I'm slowly begining to understand more of it.

I'll probably end up using a screen similar to this for my arcade emulation, the cabinet on the left is a 3D model that rotates continually and on the right is the selection wheel just like on a Ultracade cabinet, this shows the marquee on the end and in the screen next to it shows the title screen and then changes to the snap screen but as with anything in 3D arcade you can change anything you like once you work out how to do it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

mmm nice but i have trouble running on my pc i have played round with it on my home pc like u said a steep learning curve
                          but it is sweet

Comment

Nice. The selection wheel, if it works like an Ultracade, can be a pain in the ass. I checked out an Ultracade machine a couple of weeks ago and found it very annoying having to go through each game like it does and not being able to see them all at once (of course with the number of games in MAME your not going to be able to see them all at once).
                            Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X