Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use for Mame cocktail - 21" arcade or computer monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use for Mame cocktail - 21" arcade or computer monitor?

Originally posted by xygt
    Hi,

Just looking for thoughts on which way to go. I have the option to use a 21” computer monitor or a 21” arcade monitor.

The computer monitor will connect straight to the PC with no video card issues or the need for a ArcadeVGA card.

An arcade monitor is authentic and gives that arcade look to the game, but requires more work and hardware.

Opinions please? Thanks heaps.

Regards,
    Xygt
    This is chicken / egg stuff..

Personal preferance is the go...
    If I was you I would build 2 cabinets and use both screens...

Alternatively I'm in Adelaide also so whichever one you don't use I'm happy to tidy up for you/get it out of your way..

Comment

PC monitor is easier to work with, that is what I am using

Comment

Use the PC monitor for the MAME machine, it will save you a lot of time and money. Use the Arcade monitor for an original game.

Comment

Pc monitor easy and cheap its what i did in my 20"coctail
          The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

there is plenty of for and against.
            my cabinet came with a 20 inch arcade monitor and im looking forward to my arcade vga card turning up and running it.

looking forward to seeing the raster lines and getting a little bit closer to the original thing...

each to their own
            rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
            if your new to electronics and

Comment

Just be carefull with a monitor that big as i made a cocktail true to original dimensions and only just made a 14in monitor squeeze in!!!21s are real big in the plastic department!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X