VPGL 15 - Post Pass - Rules

Hi Pinballers,

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 15. This tournament is the 3rd of the new decade and part of the overall VPGL 2020 and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time and play.

Competition:
The player with the most points...

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - RULES

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to arcade gaming with MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner. This is the second tournament of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ESPORTS for 2020. All gamers worldwide are welcome to game. You can also join in at any time.

Please watch the trailer below for the official...

Gottlieb Sea Belles August 1956

gottlieb sea belles 1956

so, how many years does it make her?

bill picking up a project in the next few days, a very dirty, neglected old 50s woody.

so good these are still out there, though very rare now.

lets start with the new playfield plastics...

Announcement: Western Australia set to have its very own Pinball Festival

Hi folks!

We’d like to share some exciting news with you all…

Western Australia is set to have its very own Pinball Festival 😊

With Western Australia starting to ease restrictions from tomorrow, we thought what better time to announce plans for a pinball festival...

Monster Bash...Classic Edition

Finally after a couple of months ploughing through our house extensions, I'm back in my favourite room of the house!

Next in line is my custom Monsterbash I've been planning for a long time. Paying hommage to the 1950s Universal monsters going with a black and white theme and lots of custom...

How game board components work

This will be a series of posts on how specific components work on a game board. Its purpose is to help you understand how the circuitry works. Feel free to add to the series if there's a topic you want to cover.

First up: Reset!

You'll typically see the signal defined as RESET...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi All, Mr Problem here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All, Mr Problem here

Hi forum members. Just after some advice and what steps to take to fix a MAME stand up console that I purchased 2-3 years ago. Appreciate any help or advice you can give. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the store in Sydney that I purchased it from, but the stand up console is a SIMZ32, run from a DELL computer with an external Samsung 4TB hard drive. My problem is that the hard drive has now failed, which i think i might have corrupted and buggered it up when a auto WIN10 install tried to happen which I cancelled. I have tried most things to get the hard drive out of paper weight mode, alas, it is totally dead and will not even fire up when connected to my home computer.
    is it possible if i purchase a new external drive to buy a copy of the relevant MAME (and other platform systems available) operating system plus all the available games out there. I think the original console data had MAME, plus a ton of other emulators, plus pinball emulators (for this old fart to enjoy).
    I have purchased a copy of WIN10 to install, hopefully the emulators and associated software is compatible with WIN10
    Again, I appreciate any help you could throw my way
    regards

Chad

G'day Chad. Moved this to the appropriate section hopefully somebody in the know can help.
    Try using the search function in the top right, many of these questions have been answered several times over the years.

Comment

I would think that Windows 10 is not the best choice for a MAME cab build.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots View Post
        I would think that Windows 10 is not the best choice for a MAME cab build.
        No real issue with it if you plan on using an LCD. If using a CRT, then Windows 7 is currently the best option.

Short answer, yes you can buy pre-configured hdds or get people to make them for you. The main issue is that these drives still generally need some configuring to work with your specific setup. It will depend on what your joystick and button interface is and also what hardware the PC runs on.

Your best bet, if you can't do it yourself, would be to find someone who can bring a pre configured drive and then help you install it and configure it for your machine. I am not sure where you are located in NSW, but I imagine there would be people you could pay to do it. If you get lucky, you might find someone who will help you as a favour and you can pay them in beer.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X