Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ipac

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ipac

    I'm planning on setting up a 4 player cab. Prob is i already have a ipac2 and i've heard that you can daisy chain the keywiz, is this the same with the ipac2 if you have 2? I was even considering leaving this cab's jamma harness and see if i can daisy chain a jpac/ipac2. Anyone with any info pics on daisy chaining the ipacs please post it here. Thanks guys

  • #2
    Hi Mad,
    They actually make a 4 player version... the IPAC4. It has double the inputs, twice as big, but works the same.
    I would recommend it (due to owning an IPAC2 and it works brilliantly).
    I also have an IPAC4 in my current project, but just have a few problems with games freezing/ restarting when playing 4 player. I assume this is due to my key maps or a software issue. I doubt very much it is the IPAC.

    Hope it helped.
    Smit

    PS: Got my IPAC4 from Ozstick.. he's on these forums a bit. Ask him abou it maybe.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah thing is i currently own a spare ipac2 i bought from chris at ozsticks and only just got a cab which i just decided to go four player. And wondering will i need to buy a whole new ipac4 or can i just daisy chain another ipac2...



      Originally posted by Smit
      Hi Mad,
      They actually make a 4 player version... the IPAC4. It has double the inputs, twice as big, but works the same.
      I would recommend it (due to owning an IPAC2 and it works brilliantly).
      I also have an IPAC4 in my current project, but just have a few problems with games freezing/ restarting when playing 4 player. I assume this is due to my key maps or a software issue. I doubt very much it is the IPAC.

      Hope it helped.
      Smit

      PS: Got my IPAC4 from Ozstick.. he's on these forums a bit. Ask him abou it maybe.

      Comment


      • #4
        you should be able to daisy chain them just reassighn the heys for the 3rd and 4th player on the 2nd ipac
        but as stated b4 send chris a pm he will confirm 100%
        The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          chris sent me here

          Originally posted by davefjedi
          you should be able to daisy chain them just reassighn the heys for the 3rd and 4th player on the 2nd ipac
          but as stated b4 send chris a pm he will confirm 100%

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok so my edumacated guess would be yes you should beable to daisy chain them if i was going to do it i would plug in the player3/4 one first reprogram it to use the relevant keys then plug in the player 1/2 and it should be all good in theory anyway well whats the worst that can happen
            The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              You can daisy chain as many Ultimarc devices as you like. As the keyboard passthrough is always active it isn't a problem. With the Keywiz the keyboard passthrough is switched so I don't know about those. I've personally daisy chained a J-Pac and Mini-Pac and confirmed with Andy at Ultimarc it is possible to daisy chain them all for as many inputs as you need.
              Bite my shiny metal ass!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by microwrx
                You can daisy chain as many Ultimarc devices as you like. As the keyboard passthrough is always active it isn't a problem. With the Keywiz the keyboard passthrough is switched so I don't know about those. I've personally daisy chained a J-Pac and Mini-Pac and confirmed with Andy at Ultimarc it is possible to daisy chain them all for as many inputs as you need.
                by daisy chain does this mean just plugging in ps2 from one ipac to another??? and sw1-8 to buttons????

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by madturbo123
                  by daisy chain does this mean just plugging in ps2 from one ipac to another??? and sw1-8 to buttons????
                  Yep, you plug the first device into the PC, then plug the second one into the keyboard passthrough of the first and then your keyboard into the passthrough on the second. Use one of them with the default MAME setup (player 1 & 2 sticks with up to 8 buttons each plus start and coin buttons) and program the second for players 3 & 4. It has to be programmed seperately though before daisy chaining I believe.
                  Bite my shiny metal ass!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thats quite simple then... Too easy i'll give it ago when i'm backing in brisbane... at gove atm bit far to test it out

                    Originally posted by microwrx
                    Yep, you plug the first device into the PC, then plug the second one into the keyboard passthrough of the first and then your keyboard into the passthrough on the second. Use one of them with the default MAME setup (player 1 & 2 sticks with up to 8 buttons each plus start and coin buttons) and program the second for players 3 & 4. It has to be programmed seperately though before daisy chaining I believe.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by madturbo123
                      chris sent me here
                      I must've been having a bad day if I couldn't answer that one for you!

                      As others have said, you reprogram a second I-PAC2 with the desired P3 and P4 inputs, then daisychain it through the first I-PAC2 by connecting it into the PS/2 socket labelled KBD.

                      The other way is to connect one to PS/2 and the other to USB, but one of them still needs to be reprogrammed.

                      Same goes if you want to use a J-PAC and an I-PAC2.

                      Cheers,
                      Chris
                      www.ozstick.com.au

                      Comment

                      Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X