Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to connect buttons to a pc ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best way to connect buttons to a pc ?

    Hi , just wondering what the best hardware option would be compared to a usb x-arcade dual stick controller or keyboard hack .
    Thanks for the help in advance
    And just one more question while im here is there anyway to get a coin door to work on a mame machine so i can actually use money for credits ??

  • #2
    Check out ultimarc.

    They have this thing called a j-pac and ipac.

    Grab one and then build your own using happ or sanwa or seimitsu parts.

    And I hope you arent going to charge people to play MAME. That would be un-spritual and un-sporting of you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by vocalninja View Post
      Check out ultimarc.

      They have this thing called a j-pac and ipac.

      Grab one and then build your own using happ or sanwa or seimitsu parts.
      Like he said ^

      Matthew

      Comment


      • #4
        Stay away from X-Arcade stuff man.

        The construction is nice but the sticks and buttons are donkey sh!t. If you need help wiring things up, I can help you out.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks so i just attach the buttons to it using gauage wiring ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Yup, wire the buttons likea normal arcade cabinet .. infact if you go this path, you can actually wire the cabinet as a JAMMA standard, then use a ipac/jpac to pick up the pins on the other side of the loom, so you have a cab with JAMMA wiring, convertable to other things in the future.
            Fry: "Wait a second. I know that monkey! His name is 'Donkey'."
            Professor: "Monkeys aren't donkeys. Quit messing with my head!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vocalninja View Post
              And I hope you arent going to charge people to play MAME. That would be un-spritual and un-sporting of you.
              I just want to be able to store loose change in it and I want to get it to act like a original machine

              Originally posted by VIDGuide View Post
              Yup, wire the buttons likea normal arcade cabinet .. infact if you go this path, you can actually wire the cabinet as a JAMMA standard, then use a ipac/jpac to pick up the pins on the other side of the loom, so you have a cab with JAMMA wiring, convertable to other things in the future.
              Thanks yeh that would be a good option

              Comment


              • #8
                What they all said. Keyboard hack OK for a 1 stick 2 button machine, but ghosting makes a 2 stick 6 button VERY difficult (impossible on some keyboards) without key overlap. Plus you need to re-assign MAME default keys = ARSE PAIN from hell . Ultimarc stuff is great, and ships fast.
                Dave
                ************************************************** *******************
                Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I-Pac or KeyWiz. I wouldn't bother with a J-Pac unless you genuinely had the intension to put something else in there at a later stage. The additional investment could well be wasted and it's not just $5 extra.
                  Bite my shiny metal ass!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh and regarding the coin mech, very easy!

                    You can just attach the mech to the jpac or ipac and it acts as an ordinary keypress when you put a coin in. so you just map it to the credit button in mame

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      really ? i thought there would be more then that thanks for your help

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Would i also be able to hook a coin counter and coin play/free play switch up to this aswell when its connected to the encoder ?
                        And if so were do the wires go to ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          as Benzor said - its just another keypress.

                          hook it up to a button or a coin mech and connect the other end to the encoder.

                          set up the coin button in mame and bam - credits at the touch of a button.

                          Comment

                          Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X