Best way to connect buttons to a pc ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to connect buttons to a pc ?

Hi , just wondering what the best hardware option would be compared to a usb x-arcade dual stick controller or keyboard hack .
    Thanks for the help in advance
    And just one more question while im here is there anyway to get a coin door to work on a mame machine so i can actually use money for credits ??

Check out ultimarc.

They have this thing called a j-pac and ipac.

Grab one and then build your own using happ or sanwa or seimitsu parts.

And I hope you arent going to charge people to play MAME. That would be un-spritual and un-sporting of you.

Comment

Originally posted by vocalninja View Post
      Check out ultimarc.

They have this thing called a j-pac and ipac.

Grab one and then build your own using happ or sanwa or seimitsu parts.
      Like he said ^

Matthew

Comment

Stay away from X-Arcade stuff man.

The construction is nice but the sticks and buttons are donkey sh!t. If you need help wiring things up, I can help you out.

Comment

Thanks so i just attach the buttons to it using gauage wiring ?

Comment

Yup, wire the buttons likea normal arcade cabinet .. infact if you go this path, you can actually wire the cabinet as a JAMMA standard, then use a ipac/jpac to pick up the pins on the other side of the loom, so you have a cab with JAMMA wiring, convertable to other things in the future.
            Fry: "Wait a second. I know that monkey! His name is 'Donkey'."
            Professor: "Monkeys aren't donkeys. Quit messing with my head!"

Comment

Originally posted by vocalninja View Post
              And I hope you arent going to charge people to play MAME. That would be un-spritual and un-sporting of you.
              I just want to be able to store loose change in it and I want to get it to act like a original machine

Originally posted by VIDGuide View Post
              Yup, wire the buttons likea normal arcade cabinet .. infact if you go this path, you can actually wire the cabinet as a JAMMA standard, then use a ipac/jpac to pick up the pins on the other side of the loom, so you have a cab with JAMMA wiring, convertable to other things in the future.
              Thanks yeh that would be a good option

Comment

What they all said. Keyboard hack OK for a 1 stick 2 button machine, but ghosting makes a 2 stick 6 button VERY difficult (impossible on some keyboards) without key overlap. Plus you need to re-assign MAME default keys = ARSE PAIN from hell . Ultimarc stuff is great, and ships fast.
                Dave
                ************************************************** *******************
                Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

I-Pac or KeyWiz. I wouldn't bother with a J-Pac unless you genuinely had the intension to put something else in there at a later stage. The additional investment could well be wasted and it's not just $5 extra.
                  Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

Oh and regarding the coin mech, very easy!

You can just attach the mech to the jpac or ipac and it acts as an ordinary keypress when you put a coin in. so you just map it to the credit button in mame

Comment

really ? i thought there would be more then that thanks for your help

Comment

Would i also be able to hook a coin counter and coin play/free play switch up to this aswell when its connected to the encoder ?
                        And if so were do the wires go to ?

Comment

as Benzor said - its just another keypress.

hook it up to a button or a coin mech and connect the other end to the encoder.

set up the coin button in mame and bam - credits at the touch of a button.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X