Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mame compile help

I have compiled Mame 0.123 following Mr Do's Compile instructions, including up to 0.123u6 diff and hi_123u5 diff. The compile was successful and on loading any ROMs I do not see any nag screens. However, I didn't realise that one of the nag screens not displayed is the screen that indicates any problems with the ROM (no sound, incorrect CHD, video emulation not 100% etc). Is there a way of forcing this screen to be displayed without re-compiling? If not, which part of the compile should I skip to get the screen back? :unsure

Also, in Mame 0.100, when I was playing a game I could press F11 and see the frame rate, but in Mame 0.123 the frame rate is not displayed. Is there another key I can press to see the frame rate? :unsure

Matthew

OK, I recompiled MAME without patching the hi score diff file and I can now see the nag screen that I was looking for. I'm working my way through my romset so I wanted to see which ROMs had problems .... I'll recompile MAME with hi score support once I have ironed out the romset :cool:

I still don't know about the frame rate though, anyone got an answer to my question? :unsure

Matthew

can't you just keep 2 versions of mame?

I have one on my main computer which displays the nags, no special stuff, and a proper version on the mame machine.. I use the Pc version to test out roms and work out configs, etc, then just put the known good ones over to the mame box later :)

you could still do this on the one PC, use one version for testing, another for proper playing :)

can't you just keep 2 versions of mame?

I have one on my main computer which displays the nags, no special stuff, and a proper version on the mame machine.. I use the Pc version to test out roms and work out configs, etc, then just put the known good ones over to the mame box later :)

you could still do this on the one PC, use one version for testing, another for proper playing :)

I have created 2 versions of MAME - 1 on my laptop with the nag screens for testing the ROMs, the other on my MAME PC without the nag screens. I now only need to copy across the config files to the MAME PC as required :D

I just need to figure out how to see the frame rate ....

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had any problems with .123u6?

I just updated mine and when I run games, sometimes it will just not recognise any key presses at all, and I have to ctrl-alt-del it.. but sometimes it works fine. :(

Have you had any problems with .123u6?

I just updated mine and when I run games, sometimes it will just not recognise any key presses at all, and I have to ctrl-alt-del it.. but sometimes it works fine. :(

How are you running MAME? From the command-line or via a front-end? :unsure I use MameWah and I have not had any problems running any games that v0.123u6 supports.

Matthew

regarding compiling i tried to compile mame using the guides felix has mentioned only just recently...

i did the same thing as i always have but used a diff computer... and the thing failed

Which version of MAME did you try compiling? I found that there was a problem with the v0.123 zip file from the MameDev page so I downloaded the 7zip file and the compile was successful.

No I just downloaded it and ran it. I've never had to compile it myself before...?

Perhaps since I compiled my own version of MAME, I am not experiencing the issues that you are seeing with the downloaded version :unsure

Matthew