Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAMEWAH not working with Vista

Hi,

i tried to set up mamewah on a friends computer last night which is running Windows Vista but I couldn't get it to work. It asked for the system files from the mamewah website to be installed, so I installed them but it still din't work and kept asking for the system files. Is there an issue with Mamewah working with vista?? I installed it on their second PC that had XP and it worked fine??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

It doesn't look like MameWah works on Vista ..... yet

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads...=&fpart=1&vc=1

Matthew

Comment

I tried MAME 32 Ver. 36 and 82....on my Nephews New laptop which has Vista....It did not like it. Sat there like a shag on a rock....
      Frink: "N'hey hey! Ahem, n'hey, so look children, Battle Zone"

Frink: " Yes, what is it? What? What is it?"

Girl: "Can I play with your Arcade Machine?"

Frink: "No, you can't play with it; you won't enjoy it on as many levels as I do."
      The colors, children, The game play!
      -- Professor Frink explains the attraction of an 80's vector graphics game.

Comment

one word..... tinyxp

Comment

You may need to check 'run as admin' & or Xp compatability mode ?

Comment

Originally posted by seanj View Post
            Hi,

i tried to set up mamewah on a friends computer last night which is running Windows Vista but I couldn't get it to work.
            Mate, dont stress.

vista is great at talking s/w that works every where else and making it not work.

had a great one today. at a customers site and they were using vista sp1 and tried to run a .exe file that makes a boot floppy for me to edit it with and ...

presto

vista kicks in and says it is a non executable file.

crap!!
            works on xp!
            bloody vista
            rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
            if your new to electronics and

Comment

i now have mamewah working like a treat with vista. if anybody wants to get it working i'm happy to talk them through it! i love mamewah. it is the best frontend ever i think!! I have mame, daphne, nes, snes, master system, megadrive and sk jukebox all working under mamewah on vista!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X