Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Monitor Flicker Problem

I have an arcadeVGA w/ JPac and I am trying out GameEx as it seems like a pretty good FE.

1. My cabinet has redlines and a red appearance even when nothing is hooked up and the jamma harness. They are still there when the JPAC and puter are plugged in but seem to disappear or at least fade when a game is on. I have attached a pic to this posting. Is there a way to tell if this is a grounding issue or an just an issue with the Wells Gardner monitor dying?

2. Windows and gameex flicker. Looking at windows XP on my monitor gives me a headache. Is this a sympton of #1 or is that just a function of trying to use a computer on an arcade monitor? I am running windows at 800X600.

3. Is there a way to use the inputs to add credits or do I need to wire in a button to the Jamma harness?

4. is Rom Collector a good and legit site to buy Roms? It seems like a good deal and mama always told me if something seems too good to be true....

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the assistance and experiences on this board!

Dean

redline.jpg.7b319413fd37bcce7c45e89188900f8b.jpg

I have an arcadeVGA w/ JPac and I am trying out GameEx as it seems like a pretty good FE.

1. My cabinet has redlines and a red appearance even when nothing is hooked up and the jamma harness. They are still there when the JPAC and puter are plugged in but seem to disappear or at least fade when a game is on. I have attached a pic to this posting. Is there a way to tell if this is a grounding issue or an just an issue with the Wells Gardner monitor dying?

2. Windows and gameex flicker. Looking at windows XP on my monitor gives me a headache. Is this a sympton of #1 or is that just a function of trying to use a computer on an arcade monitor? I am running windows at 800X600.

3. Is there a way to use the inputs to add credits or do I need to wire in a button to the Jamma harness?

4. is Rom Collector a good and legit site to buy Roms? It seems like a good deal and mama always told me if something seems too good to be true....

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the assistance and experiences on this board!

Dean

No 1 Not sure, flyback maybe set to high on brightness or on the way out, do the colours look correct in games.

No 2. Set windows to 640 x 480, this will stop the flicker. GameEx may have to be set to 640 x 480 as well.

No 3. Usually the default is hold down P1 button and press the P1 fire button to add credits

No 4. A nice idea to buy roms, but all are not available and popular ones are not either, look around you will find them either here or on the net;)

Flicker

Thanks for the info. I will try 640X480 and the p1+fire1.

Regarding the monitor.....

The colors generally look correct in games, but the lines are still there.

The background in vector games and games with a black backdrop look pretty bad with the red and lines. I did mess with all of the knobs on the monitor and there is no way to make it go away as far as I can tell.

I am not too technical, so I don't understand "flyback maybe set to high on brightness or on the way out". Is there a way to test this? What would you think is the proper way to troubleshoot this problem to try and figure out the cause?