Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Bootup in MAME

Can anyone talk me through (or send me to a thread) that explains how to get my cab to boot up straight into my frontend program.

I built my new cocktail cab for the beach house which we sometimes hire out to other families. I'm ok with them firing it up and everything, but it would be cool if the frontend came up automatically.

My OS is tiny XP Beast Edition with atomicFE as my front end program

• Administrators
No worries mate. I do prefer GameEX myself. It has a instant sheller proggy that when your all set up the way you like just click on the instant sheller and it sets it all up so it boots straight into GameEX removing all the windows bootup screens ETC. really great and simple!

No worries mate. I do prefer GameEX myself. It has a instant sheller proggy that when your all set up the way you like just click on the instant sheller and it sets it all up so it boots straight into GameEX removing all the windows bootup screens ETC. really great and simple!

That company needs an affiliate program. Alas, they don't however.

That sound's just what i'm after! what's the interface screen like? it's it still flashy looking with the snapshots etc.

Are you still able to get into windows if need be?

• Administrators
That sound's just what i'm after! what's the interface screen like? it's it still flashy looking with the snapshots etc.

Are you still able to get into windows if need be?

Quoting vocal ninja "It puts AtomicFE up in a dress and pimps it" (or something like that)

Have a go mate. Link is in the Links Directory.

Quoting vocal ninja "It puts AtomicFE up in a dress and pimps it" (or something like that)

Have a go mate. Link is in the Links Directory.

ha ha! nice! :D

Just downloading it now - I noticed it needs Framework 2.0, DirectX 9 and the lastest Windows Media player which had no doubt been stripped out of TinyXP so I better download those too! ;)

Thanks mate!

Yep thats why in the other thread I said Beast edition was no good for my GameEx setup

Yeah I think i'm going to run into problems because if Beast Edition

I just downloaded and installed the framework, media player & DirectX 9 like it says to, but when i try installing GameEX it says it needs "Mac 2.8" to be on the system and suddenly starts searching for an internet connection to find it! :unsure weird

I'll have to pick all this up next weekend and see if I can nut it out - I had a good try anyway! damn this "working for the man" thing, I want to say home and work on my cab!!

Thanks for your help and advice Travis, much appreciated :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
You can actually put AtomicFE in a shell if you want to. It just requires a bit of messing about in the registry. The instructions are in the official support forum.

http://spaceinvaders.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=223&highlight=shell

Ha ha! where were you last week Wufle! :lol thanks for the suggestion - I forgot to write an update on this! I ended up downloading TinyXP Rev6, then with some help from Arcade King, I got gameEX up and running and life is good :)