Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

GameEx licence giveaway

• Super Moderator
CBF writing a novel on it will just buy it

My thoughts exactly.. Or put up with the splash screen for 30 odd seconds.. About the time it takes to go to the fridge and crack a beer.

I spoke to Tom today and he said it was cool to give away a couple of free licences to AA members. I wont make anyone jump hoops for it but he wants me to wait until after the competition is over. Stay tuned ;)

Arcade King: I probably could have got you a free licence!

I spoke to Tom today and he said it was cool to give away a couple of free licences to AA members. I wont make anyone jump hoops for it but he wants me to wait until after the competition is over. Stay tuned ;)

well heres my novel

gime a dam licence Im still useing dos and glaunch cause I havent found a good windowzzzz FE

will that cut it ????:024:

• Administrators

Like i said mate I reckon it was worth registering, but my question remains Do you need to register again for another license if running on another cab.

Reason I ask is I'd like to set up a vertical machine at some point.

Cheers

PS: A couple of freebies for AA members would be fantastic!

• Super Moderator

I still can't get GameEX to run on my verticle orientated monitor.. When ever I try to set the resolution it brings up the error log.. Ideally I'd like a MAME CAB for Verticle games and another cab for horizontal games.. Untill I can get over this verticle issue I'm stuffed :(

Does that qualify as a story..! :)

yee-haw!!!

how dp i get myself a free licence for gameex, i love it!!!

i cant view the web page posted by headkaze i get this error

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=4907

The following error was encountered:

* Connection Failed

The system returned:

(111) Connection refused

The site you are trying to connect to may be down. This could be a network issue which will be resolved shortly. This could also mean that there is no webserver at the location you are trying to access. Please try the request again if you are sure you have the correct address and the remote webserver is up.

mabe auction them of for vb bucks or have 1 as a prize on the mame game league

Both those are good ideas !!!

Acually .. going by the amount of points u guys have (millions) .. leaves us for dead.

Maybe throw the licence into the lottery ?

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=4907

The following error was encountered:

* Connection Failed

Yeah it seems the forum is down, try again later I guess :unsure

Arcade King: I believe once you have a licence you can use it on any machines you own. I also paid for registration ;)

AdamC: I'll probably let Arcade King decide how to give them away.

The Pinny Parlour: It is free but registration removes the 10 second nag screen and enables some extra features (like Karaoke, GameExtender, eBook, radio etc.) Registration costs $25 US.

• Administrators

I read about the frontends like MAMEWAH and AtomicFE and the extra time and effort configuring jukebox software, video players blah blah GameEX does all this out of the box. I've tried all the other common front ends and GameEX wins hands down in features, ease of configuring and support.

Things that I personally love about it.

The jukebox!

The Video/DVD player (which I use to play music vids).

The mame screen saver!

Nothing better than playing the juke and having the screen saver come on running random games! looks awesome.

I also love how you can easily shell the whole thing to boot up, it completely removed windows boot and loading screens.

Granted the only downside is you need a decent pc to get the most out of it.

Some people settle for crappy 1066 in 1, red box, blue box, 48 in 1's but why limit yourself to MAME when you can run dozens of other emulators and even PC games through GameEX.

My goal was to make a set up as close to Arcade perfection as possible(ArcadeVGA/Jpac on 27" Arcade Screen) and I've archived my goal, plus I have multiple other emulators running at their native resolutions so everything looks how it would be if you were playing it through your TV set only better because its RGB.( sorry I cant settle for some LCD or VGA monitor with a stretched image, blerk).

I havent been paid to plug this :p I'm just extremely impressed!

Dylan you got a decent handy cam I could use to make a demo of GameEX running on my cab with? I dont think my mobile will cut it :p

BTW headkaze, only thing thats got me stuffed atm is where is the setting to change the background for MAME? I've got this great skin running and changed the backgrounds for all my other emus but can't find the setting to change MAME's background.

Cheers.

Acually .. going by the amount of points u guys have (millions) .. leaves us for dead.

Maybe throw the licence into the lottery ?

If I win I will distibute my 7,000,000 vbux to the active forum members, leaving me with 1,000,000 to use to change coolspots user title:evil

I read about the frontends like MAMEWAH and AtomicFE and the extra time and effort configuring jukebox software, video players blah blah GameEX does all this out of the box. I've tried all the other common front ends and GameEX wins hands down in features, ease of configuring and support.

Things that I personally love about it.

The jukebox!

The Video/DVD player (which I use to play music vids).

The mame screen saver!

Nothing better than playing the juke and having the screen saver come on running random games! looks awesome.

I also love how you can easily shell the whole thing to boot up, it completely removed windows boot and loading screens.

Granted the only downside is you need a decent pc to get the most out of it.

Some people settle for crappy 1066 in 1, red box, blue box, 48 in 1's but why limit yourself to MAME when you can run dozens of other emulators and even PC games through GameEX.

My goal was to make a set up as close to Arcade perfection as possible(ArcadeVGA/Jpac on 27" Arcade Screen) and I've archived my goal, plus I have multiple other emulators running at their native resolutions so everything looks how it would be if you were playing it through your TV set only better because its RGB.( sorry I cant settle for some LCD or VGA monitor with a stretched image, blerk).

I havent been paid to plug this :p I'm just extremely impressed!

Dylan you got a decent handy cam I could use to make a demo of GameEX running on my cab with? I dont think my mobile will cut it :p

BTW headkaze, only thing thats got me stuffed atm is where is the setting to change the background for MAME? I've got this great skin running and changed the backgrounds for all my other emus but can't find the setting to change MAME's background.

Cheers.

I saw AK's setup running last week, and it is so slick... I almost slipped and died.

His previous setup with atomic was quiet cool, but GameEX puts atomic into a nice floral dress and pimps it!

Here are some cool things you can do with GameEx + my LCD/LED Plugin. It supports hardware like LEDWiz, PACDrive, BetaBrite, BPP-440, CrystalFontz, PJRC, ProLight and can also play random Speech & Samples and light up your buttons to match the real arcade game button colors...

If your looking to pimp your cab with flashy lights, scrolly signs or a cab that dares you to come over and play it you might find some inspiration here :)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=31709098&n=31709098&MyToken=2b473106-7fec-423e-b808-1d5ff30daa01

And here are some links for alexdog69's cab

Project Page

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=72753

Interview

http://podcastdownload.npr.org/anon.npr-podcasts/podcast/960/510066/17451249/ALTNPRPRESS_17451249.mp3

Pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/kyle.orland/MAMECabinet

YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJfLzxl_jI]YouTube - The Ultimate Holiday Gift[/ame]

Thanks for vid:cool:

Man I am loving this more and more. My next setup will defiantly be using this frontend for an all in one for sure.

Going by the website it will run OK on a standard(not 31 khz) arcade monitor with an AVGA and Jpac?

Just need to source a beefy PC to run it. They say on the website Min 800mhz but what would your recommendation be?

Loved the speech introducing the Atari combat game :D

Tempted to go and reconfigure my Mamewah setup now to GameEx

• Administrators
mame background in gameex is set in the configuration file.

i have not tinkered with the config in ages as it works just fine.

but it is there i have done it my self

Thanks for the Tip mate I will look into it, just surprised its not in the config tool?

Thanks for vid:cool:

Man I am loving this more and more. My next setup will defiantly be using this frontend for an all in one for sure.

Going by the website it will run OK on a standard(not 31 khz) arcade monitor with an AVGA and Jpac?

Just need to source a beefy PC to run it. They say on the website Min 800mhz but what would your recommendation be?

Loved the speech introducing the Atari combat game :D

Tempted to go and reconfigure my Mamewah setup now to GameEx

Yeah the speech is cool. I use the AT&T Crystal voice to say some of the commands like "Launching game" and when you have the actual AT&T voice engine with Crystal installed on your cab you can have her say the name of the game also ;) You can hear a demo of her or create samples for the plugin here.

GameEx supports ArcadeVGA and JPAC.

There are things you can do to optimize GameEx on slower machines like turn of the animated backgrounds or run at lower resolution.

The thing about a beefy PC is going to be more and more necessary just to run newer games in Mame anyway. They are heading 64-bit too so even my P4 3Ghz in my cab is not going to cut the mustard eventually.

i configured gameex to talk as well. it says the name of the game.and when you select it you can read the history of the game and hear it talking to you as well.

and when you shut the whole thing down it talks and says "goodbye"

neat

i love game ex