Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

4:3 20" LCD's no more?

I wish web retailers would keep their bloody websites up to date with their stock control!

In January I ordered a 20" ViewSonic LCD Monitor (VG2021m) from MiniDigital.com.au for $325 + $40 delivery. A week or so later I didn't hear from them so I e-mailed them and asked whats up with my order. They reply saying "Unfortunately the product is not available. Is there another product you are interested in?". So I reply saying no can I have a refund. They said they refunded my money last friday but the money has not come back into my credit card yet. Fucking arseholes. Don't buy at MiniDigital (their company name is Moran Group Pty Ltd. t/a minidigital.com.au) MORON GROUP your not fucking kidding!

Anyway so I do another search on staticICE and to my happyness I see the same 4:3 20" ViewSonic at Austin Computers here in Perth. Not only was the place closer and was a computer store so I could pick it up but at $277 it was about $90 cheaper than MiniDigital! I thought I was in luck.

So I ring the place and I don't think the asian guy who answered even knew what I meant by 4:3 ratio but anyway, he says he has to check head office if he can get the monitor. So I call him a few days later (today) to which he says he will get back to me. I come home later today and he's left a message on my answering machine. "The monitor is a discontinued model, the next model up blah blah blah is blah blah blah fucking widescreen".

Arrrghhhh!!!! :x

So now I don't think I can even find a 4:3 LCD monitor anymore. Anyone know of a place here in Perth where they still sell these or where I can order one? Driving me nuts here :cry

Yeah best bet will probably be 2nd hand now for 4:3

And cheap too, lots of banks/big institutions etc are/have uprgraded to newer Widescreen. Maybe ring a few to see what they are doing with their old model 4:3 LCD's might get them for nix

Yeah not on ebay though... it seems everything either goes to the tip or gets sold on ebay for an inflated price due to the wide audience of the auction (no bargains anymore on ebay)

I cant even find a 17" or 19" LCD for a good price... you'd think they'd be in plentiful (cheap) supply given (as AK said) people are all upgrading to huge widescreens.

True and just rereading the thread it's for a 20" 4:3 and most banks etc would have been 15 or 17" (unless it was the bosses ) . Maybe try a small/ independent computer/monitor store that doesn't do much business. Old stock, Gee's it turns around quickly these these days.

Edit you could also try a "Wanted to buy" add, someone might be more than happy to offload a 4:3 so they can buy a *shiver* Widescreen

• Super Moderator

One of my suppliers has some of those Viewsonic before Xmas - $299 + GST. Freight would be about $20.00 - I'll check tomorrow if you like.

Otherwise you might still be able to get a Samsung 204

20.1 4:3

• Super Moderator
Thanks for the info, I found a Samsung 203B 20" LCD at Austin Computers in Osbourne Park for $300. Just picked it up :)

Now I'm just wondering how the hell I can attach it in my cab lol

Austin Computer - They still around..!