GameEx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameEx

I've been playing around with this front end today and im very impressed by it. I got sick of the instability and mood swings of Atomic FE.
    This thing is easy to set up with a butt load of features that leave most front ends for dead, its great specially if you're setting up a multi emulator cab like me.
    Highly recommended!! i've added a link to the Links Directory.

Does it play nice with low res arcade monitor resolutions?
    | |

Comment

GameEX is great.. Used it many time in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
        Does it play nice with low res arcade monitor resolutions?
        indeed it does Dan bcause thats what im using it for

Comment

GameEx rocks. been using it for ages. what it does not do aint worth doing
          rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
          if your new to electronics and

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
            indeed it does Dan bcause thats what im using it for
            Awesome. Cheers for that.

Out of curiosity, what spec PC hardware are you running it on? It looks very "everything and the kitchen sink" (which is not a bad thing, mind you). How's it go for performance on older hardware?

I'm building a cab for the girls, and I need a front-end that will be as simple to use as possible, and "button masher" resistant. I might trial this one and see how it goes. I'm a big MAMEWah fan, but my 6 year old just constantly finds ways to break the front end. God knows how - if I mash all the buttons I can't do the damage she does. I swear kids are the best software beta testers in the world.
            | |

Comment

Are you using the mamewah lockout feature? Once set they can't really do anything.

GameEx is sweet but much more resource intensive and I hated waiting 30 seconds for that shitty nag screen. Haven't looked at it again in almost 2 years.

Brad
              My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

I intend to donate to get rid of the nag screen once I've given it more of a go. At this stage its interface, ease of setting up and features have impressed me.
                I love how it has the ready to go emu dat files with information about the games etc.
                I just put a asus a7n8x-x nforce 2 mobo in it running 1 gig of old ddr ram and a XP 2500+
                The old mobo was a 87V8X-MX with a XP2400+. I hate VIA crap I had nothing but stability issues with this mobo but it was the only mobo i could get hold offrom ebay at the time that i could use with the ram and processors i have lying around.
                I havent been able to get right into it because my Jpac is ****ed but I've still be able to set emus up etc remotely via TightVNC

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Are you using the mamewah lockout feature?
                  I don't believe so. It's a *very* old MAMEWah version. I'll check it out.

GameEx might be a little resource intensive for my old clunker hardware.

I used Lemon Launcher for a bit too:
                  http://lemonlauncher.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php

Pretty basic, no-frills front-end, but good for old shitty hardware.
                  | |

Comment

Yes if I was going to use GameEx I would donate too. I just don't really like it that much. I should look at it again and Tom spends inordinate time adding features to it but Mamewah has served me well for 6 years or so.

Elvis the lockout feature has been in mamewah since almost the start. It's just a value in the ini. Check it out. Stops my kids mucking it up

Brad
                    My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Yes if I was going to use GameEx I would donate too. I just don't really like it that much. I should look at it again and Tom spends inordinate time adding features to it but Mamewah has served me well for 6 years or so.

Elvis the lockout feature has been in mamewah since almost the start. It's just a value in the ini. Check it out. Stops my kids mucking it up

Brad
                      Stick with what you know I agree, I just don't have the patience for MameWah im afraid.

Comment

OMG sweet as!

Just running the jukebox on GameEX then after awhile it went into screen saver mode with random MAME games playing.
                        This is is the ****ing beez neez im registering it!
                        Pic was taken from remotely via the TightVNC window.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just running the jukebox on GameEX then after awhile it went into screen saver mode with random MAME games playing.
                          That's a cool feature. There's been a few guys who have tried making various MAME screensavers over the years, and they've all flopped. Someone should approach the guy to do a generic Windows screensaver in the same way.
                          | |

Comment

Its a bloody great idea! I just registered it, I think 14 pounds ($32 AUD) is well worth it as it opens up a heap of features.
                            http://www.gameex.net/Donate/tabid/71/Default.aspx

Originally posted by elvis View Post
                            That's a cool feature. There's been a few guys who have tried making various MAME screensavers over the years, and they've all flopped. Someone should approach the guy to do a generic Windows screensaver in the same way.
                            Forgot to mention he already has
                            http://tomspeirs.com/MAMEScreenSaver/
                            Last edited by Arcade King; 31st December 2007, 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Forgot to mention he already has
                              http://tomspeirs.com/MAMEScreenSaver/
                              Champion!
                              | |

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X