Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Press player 2 start button while at the frontend.

It opens a menu box.

Use joystick to move and player 1 start button to select/make changes.

Player 2 to escape.

I have navigated through all the menu items but nothing is causing the Game List to be re-generated. Is there a specific menu that I have to open? :unsure

Matthew

Its in their somewhere.

I haven't used Mamewah for ages but I think it was in the 2nd to last in the 1st list, hit player 1 and then go to re-generate list.

If you do this and it still doesn't show you prolly have a rom, mame version compatibility issue.

Its in their somewhere.

I haven't used Mamewah for ages but I think it was in the 2nd to last in the 1st list, hit player 1 and then go to re-generate list.

If you do this and it still doesn't show you prolly have a rom, mame version compatibility issue.

I opened the menu from the main MameWah screen by pressing 2, then scrolled down to the option "Games List Options" and pressed 1. In the Games List Options window, I scrolled down to the option "Generate Filtered List..." and pressed 1. In the Generate Filtered List window, I pressed 2, then pressed 2 twice to get back to the main screen. The Game List had not been re-generated. The ROM that I expect to see is TMNT, and I have confirmed it is compatible with the MAME version by running the game from the command line.

Matthew

I've tried Mala, AtomicFE, GameEx, Mame32 and MameWah. Each of the FE's have their good and bad points, but once I understood how to configure MameWah, I found it suited my requirements better than than the other FE's. Except of course for re-generating game lists :rolleyes

Matthew

LOL.

Have you tried other roms?

Yep, other existing ROMs are showing up in the list, and I can play those directly from MameWah. But when I add a new ROM to the mame\roms directory, I can't re-generate the list to display the newly added ROM(s) :cry

Matthew

I dont really understand exactly what you pressed.

When you open the menu scroll down to the "Games List Options"

There should be three things???

Add Game to List

Remove Game From List

Generate List

You need to press the third one "Generate List"

Is this what you have done...

Otherwise what is your list generation method in your ini files

I dont really understand exactly what you pressed.

When you open the menu scroll down to the "Games List Options"

There should be three things???

Add Game to List

Remove Game From List

Generate List

You need to press the third one "Generate List"

Is this what you have done...

Otherwise what is your list generation method in your ini files

That is exactly what I did, but the games are not appearing in the list. The list generation method in the MameWah\config\mame\mame.ini file is "rom_folder_vs_listxml".

Matthew

I opened the menu from the main MameWah screen by pressing 2, then scrolled down to the option "Games List Options" and pressed 1. In the Games List Options window, I scrolled down to the option "Generate Filtered List..." and pressed 1. In the Generate Filtered List window, I pressed 2, then pressed 2 twice to get back to the main screen. The Game List had not been re-generated. The ROM that I expect to see is TMNT, and I have confirmed it is compatible with the MAME version by running the game from the command line.

Matthew

Sorry I'm a little confused from the above post...Are you using filtered lists...Do you have more than one list set up in your mamewah?

Sorry I'm a little confused from the above post...Are you using filtered lists...Do you have more than one list set up in your mamewah?

Sorry, yes I am using my own game list, although it is not filtered (MameWah displays all my ROMs because I have not generated a filtered list). I have mame-0.ini and mame-1.ini files.

Matthew

Ok ill try explaining without too much confusion...but first can you tell me the list_title in your mame-1 ini file?

First thing you need to do is go to your mamewah menu and go to select list....the first one should be titled "All games" the second may or may not be the same...however you need to select the first list....From here you need to generate you list...In the games list option there will be the three options I said earlier you need to press the third one "Generate list"...if it say "Generate filtered list" then you are using the wrong list and this will not work...

Ok ill try explaining without too much confusion...but first can you tell me the list_title in your mame-1 ini file?

First thing you need to do is go to your mamewah menu and go to select list....the first one should be titled "All games" the second may or may not be the same...however you need to select the first list....From here you need to generate you list...In the games list option there will be the three options I said earlier you need to press the third one "Generate list"...if it say "Generate filtered list" then you are using the wrong list and this will not work...

Fixed now, thanks. I generated the list from "All Games", then generated the list from "My Game List", which is my custom game list. I can now see all my newly added ROMs in my custom Game List :D

Matthew

where r u in melbourne, mate i may be able to have a look at it for you.

Thanks for the offer, but no further help is required :)

Matthew