Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mame Hooker, Having Issues...

Hi All,

I've decided to build a new project, my own shooter cabinet using positional joystick guns. I'm building the PC up (windows 10), got the inputs working so far, but having no love with outputs with Mame Hooker (MH).

I'm not sure where to go with this now for MAME hooker. I can't see any of my devices under "Show Supported Devices" in MH. I followed the tutorial on the Dragon King website and see nothing for my XBOX 360 controller or my ledwiz, which it says are supported. I am running my PC as local admin with full rights with Access User Controls turned down to lowest setting, all folders have the right attributes (event tried compatibility mode in other windows versions.

If I enter "test" I can trigger the rumblers on the Xbox 360 controller.
    If I run Mame64 (0.209) with MH open I get no outputs being alerted to as found (even with the options turned on in MH).

I'm building a shooter cab and would love to get my gun coils firing, but can get past this first step to recognise the my output devices.

Any ideas I could try or any output alternative tools, I'm at a big loss here?? Thanks in advance.

Dragonking is Howard Castro on the ArcadeControls forum. I'm not sure if there's a MH support subforum, but you should look for that and post up in there. Otherwise Howard hangs around a few other subforums, mostly the driving & racing one.

Comment

[MENTION=16024]buttersoft[/MENTION] thanks, I’ve tried messaging him and no responses as yet. He has Plenty of activity in the racing threads I see.

I,ve been thinking of seeing if I can get DOFLinx working instead to do the job.

Comment

I use a pac drive to drive solid state relays and apac to control my guns on my converted operation thunderbolt cab.
        When you run mamehooker debug window does it detect mame loading?
        there was some changes to output in mame 0.176 and above.
        In your mame ini file set the option for output to windows , this will enable mame to use old output system

#
        # OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
        #
        output windows

Here is a vid of an early test. This relay lasted 5 minutes playing terminator2 so had to upgrade to solid state relay.
        Get this it will save you headaches long-term, works fantastic.
        https://www.jaycar.com.au/solid-stat...ching/p/SY4086

If you need a hand I can send you my set of makehooker scripts I have made for the 30 odd games I use. Also have created a custom hyperspin set of themes video and artwork in reverse if you are using a
        mirrored screen setup
        Last edited by oooPLAYER1ooo; 19th December 2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply,

I have not gotten far with this, Mame hooker doesn’t get recognised in the debug window at all. Hooker also doesn’t list any output devices. I’m using windows 10 if that maters. I have a ledwiz & Xbox 360 controller.

I planning to build a mirrored cab once my guns arrive from AliExpress, sigh still waiting.

what folder is the Mame ini file in?

would love some shared scripts etc.

Originally posted by oooPLAYER1ooo View Post
          I use a pac drive to drive solid state relays and apac to control my guns on my converted operation thunderbolt cab.
          When you run mamehooker debug window does it detect mame loading?
          there was some changes to output in mame 0.176 and above.
          In your mame ini file set the option for output to windows , this will enable mame to use old output system

#
          # OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
          #
          output windows

Here is a vid of an early test. This relay lasted 5 minutes playing terminator2 so had to upgrade to solid state relay.
          Get this it will save you headaches long-term, works fantastic.
          https://www.jaycar.com.au/solid-stat...ching/p/SY4086

If you need a hand I can send you my set of makehooker scripts I have made for the 30 odd games I use. Also have created a custom hyperspin set of themes video and artwork in reverse if you are using a
          mirrored screen setup

Comment

In your mame folder you will find mame.ini file if you don't see one then you will need to generate one.

If you're using commandline mame you need to generate one using the commandline.

Hit the Start button on your desktop, go to the run command and type cmd, this will open a command prompt.

Change the directory to your mame folder C:\mame or wherever you've put it.

type mame -cc (including the space between mame and -cc)

This will generate a mame.ini.

I'm sure once you get the ini file fixed you will see some progress.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
            Working...
            X