Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crt_emudriver beta15 is out! Support now goes up to Radeon RX Vega series cards, down through the RX 500, RX 400 right on down to where it used to.

Important to note that a lot of newer cards don't have analog output. I think conversion from HDMI might be recommended, though i'm not sure about DVI-D or DP. And there are dotclock limitations again on newer cards :/

Calamity says:
    There's a serious limitation however with regards to the dotclocks these cards can support through HDMI. The minimum seems to be around 18 MHz, which not only prevents using low resolutions but even the usual 4:3 desktop modes like 640x480i. Super resolutions work nicely though, so they're perfectly usable for GroovyMAME.
    I'd say cards up to the R7/9 300 series are still going to be easier to work with, though Atom15 compatibility might be an issue there as well.

Some more really interesting info in the thread where calamity announced the driver release, on how messed up things are getting with newer cards.
    Last edited by buttersoft; 5th February 2019, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Interesting that no one has mentioned combining H and V from syncs from VGA with 1K resistors twisted together to get an attenuated composite sync signal to feed TV. It might sound quick and dirty but it works. Bugger buying an an adapter.

If you are using csync and want it to go to a TV's AV port (or scart), a single 1K resistor should do the trick.

These resistors coupled with the 75R in the TV set form a voltage divider, the maths says 5V * 75/ (1000 + 75) = 0.35V
      Last edited by MarkOZLAD; 31st May 2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOZLAD View Post
        Interesting that no one has mentioned combining H and V from syncs from VGA with 1K resistors twisted together to get an attenuated composite sync signal to feed TV.
        Lol, it's in the section on cabling in the third post, and it's always been there As have the notes about adjusting it to see how different resistance values will affect interlace flicker with different consoles on different TV's.

Comment

Sorry bud I missed that

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X