Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Good control panel or not???

Hey everyone!!

What do you think if my upcoming (soon to be posted) MAME control panel

Here is the logic of the setup:

1) 4 coloured buttons...since most games are 1 to 4 buttons

2) These colours are Neo Geo colours as well (i think they may be in the wrong order atm tho :lol)

3) 3 discreet black buttons beneath the last 3 coloured ones, such that a 6 button layout is created for the SF series

4) Curved arrangement for comfort.

5) 1 and 2 player start buttons above the main play buttons

All dimensions were determined via me and my mate basically standing side by side and placing our hands on the MDF board and seeing what spcaing etc was needed for a comfy game of SF!! Any service buttons i plan to put on the side or back of the cab.

I have dimensions if anyone is like, totally blown away by my devious plan!!! :lol

DSC00321.JPG.e4269efc74666ad9f22fab7ec0fe6857.JPG

I had thought of that as well. DO you think the resulting pattern layout would be uncomfortable. As it is, the first 3 buttons are in a straight line from the joystick. With the alternative setup, the first 3 buttons would be in an inverted V. Would this be weird?

I had considered using a straight layout, but i find the curved layouts more comfy on arcade machines.

Thanks for advice!! Maybe ill build a prototype panel with both layouts and post it for feedback

am I right in assuming the coloured buttons are for buttons 1 to 4. If this is right then wouldbt it be a bit odd to have 5-7 under them. You could configure mame to accept any config but if this is the case it would mean lots of extra work.

what about placing the blacks above the coloured in much the same layout?

If it is the neo geo look you are after (and its a good look see my mini neo below) you could still have your 4 curved buttons but place the black buttons over the red, yellow and green ones. You would not have to config each game in mame then.

Neopicsmall.thumb.jpg.ea3048ab388a9786e7475df3cbb96d13.jpg

Yes well the coloured ones are for buttons 1 to 4, which should be automatically be configged in mame yeh? 5 to7 are for street fighter games only, so manual config would only occur for those SF games i have.

Above? didnt think of that either..

so many choices