Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Looking for 139u1 roms for MAME4droid

I'm stuck in hospital for awhile and have my psx control hooked up with my s6 and MAME4droid but no bloody roms.

I'm looking for a place that I can select 139u1 roms to download one at a time. If someone has the full set on Dropbox or something that would be great. Please don't link to dodgy websites on the forum.

PMs offering help would be appreciated 😁

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Mate, is that the same set as the mobile romset ? I put together a package for that a while back but I no longer use Android so have not looked at it for a while.

Let me have a look what I have at home in my Arcade folders, I'm sure I put a romset somewhere that will work. I can upload it to my onedrive. I'll get back to you.

I don't know if it's the same you could try just uploading one or two roms for me to test. Maybe Amidar , Dkong, MsPacman are a few off the top of my head that work ok with my controller. Galaxian might be good also, but really fast twitchy shooters are hard with a small screen and playstation control.

Awesome thanks Sairuk, that's a great selection 😁 I have downloaded Amidar and that runs. They should keep me busy for awhile, I will send a pm if I want a couple more 😎

Some may be interested; I have updated the link above with horizontal and vertical lists of games for MAME 139u1 with links to MAMEdb

EDIT:

I should also mention I made the lists available for downloaded, although they are a custom format.

if anyone would like a particular format I can probably generate it with an example provided.

Example of format,

MAME VERSION: 0.139u1 (Aug 12 2010)
PuckMan (Japan set 1)|puckman|1980|v
Crush Roller (Kural Samno)|crush|1981|v
Pac-Man Plus|pacplus|1982|v
Eyes (Digitrex Techstar)|eyes|1982|v
Mr. TNT|mrtnt|1983|v
Eggor|eggor|1983|v
Jump Shot|jumpshot|1985|v
Shoot the Bull|shootbul|1985|v
Naughty Mouse (set 1)|nmouse|1981|v
Ms. Pac-Man|mspacman|1981|v
Woodpecker (set 1)|woodpeck|1981|v

sai

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back at home now playing mame on my Astro Cabs :) I had expected to be in Hospital on traction for another two or three weeks but they reviewed my XRays and plan and sent me home on crutches. Will still be quite awhile before I'm fully healed and done some physio, so plenty of time for gaming fun :)

Thanks again @sairuk for uploading those roms for me, you helped me pass a few hours in Hospital and a few people were quite impressed with my phone/controller set up :)

awesome, glad to hear you're home dude. I'll remove the roms but leave up the vert/horiz game listings

Information for 139u1 moved to

REMOVED

Edited by sairuk
site no longer available

• 2 weeks later...
What is holding the phone to the controller?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

That is my first and so far only custom made purchase that has been made with a 3D printer, I bought it from https://utorcase.com/ and I bought a secondhand PS-3 controller from eBay especially for it. My phone is "rooted" I can't remember if you need root access to set up the controller Bluetooth, I think you do, instructions are on the website anyway. The holder is a quality product and holds firmly, but only in landscape, to play vertical games I can balance the phone in the holder and play but it's just sitting there and could fall out if you get carried away and start swinging it about :)

Yeah it's great for portable gaming, works for most Android games, mame games look fantastic on my Samsung S6 and people who see it often ask about it and where I purchased.

I should put up a thread about it in so more people can see it........when playing mame on it I often think how amazed I would have been if I had of seen this back in the 80's when I was playing my Manhole Game and Watch :)

That is my first and so far only custom made purchase that has been made with a 3D printer, I bought it from https://utorcase.com/ and I bought a secondhand PS-3 controller from eBay especially for it. My phone is "rooted" I can't remember if you need root access to set up the controller Bluetooth, I think you do, instructions are on the website anyway. The holder is a quality product and holds firmly, but only in landscape, to play vertical games I can balance the phone in the holder and play but it's just sitting there and could fall out if you get carried away and start swinging it about :)

Yeah it's great for portable gaming, works for most Android games, mame games look fantastic on my Samsung S6 and people who see it often ask about it and where I purchased.

I should put up a thread about it in so more people can see it........when playing mame on it I often think how amazed I would have been if I had of seen this back in the 80's when I was playing my Manhole Game and Watch :)

If you are using the sixaxs $ app then yes you need root, if you have paired it using standard bt pairing you do not but the controller operates differently than with the app. I used to use the sixaxs app with my phone hooked up via HDMI to my tv at home, works quite well. Actually I now have some spare controllers to do it again since my second PS3 died on Sunday.

I have a similar thing I bought on ebay, but it is basically a Bluetooth controller, with a bracket built in. You can connect most Bluetooth gamepads to Android without needing Root access, though for a PS3 controller it's a different story.

Makes me wonder though, has anyone setup a cab using a phone, or tablet ? given mini-hdmi output and something like this: https://www.wayneandlayne.com/projects/bluetooth-arcade-controller/ it's very doable, extremely low power use too. The biggest obstacle being maybe, the lack of tweakability of mame on the phone maybe.

I'm stuck in hospital for awhile and have my psx control hooked up with my s6 and MAME4droid but no bloody roms.

I'm looking for a place that I can select 139u1 roms to download one at a time. If someone has the full set on Dropbox or something that would be great. Please don't link to dodgy websites on the forum.

PMs offering help would be appreciated [emoji16]

How do you get the PSX controller hooked up to your phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you get the PSX controller hooked up to your phone?

you can hook up a ps3 controller pretty easily with android, even without rooting your device.

When I travel I use my ps3 controller via a cable (bluetooth needs rooting) and play most of the big android emulators.

Google is your friend

My phone is rooted and has a custom rom, because I'm a control freak and a fiddler.....doing so took more reading and learning time than most people would find worthwhile, I would not recommend rooting your phone just to use a PS-3 controller unless your phone has an easy one click root app.

Yeah I use the sixaxis app and pairing tool to connect my phone to the PS-3 bluetooth, but as has been said there are plenty of other options now and also controllers made for android. The PS-3 controller is a good quality controller with long battery life, I prefer it over some of the rubbish out there.

@Jed that bluetooth hardware looks interesting, it might have been useful for @JustAnotherRat for his pinball tablet cab so it didn't need the plug in the bottom, maybe? http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/77231-Nexus-7-Pinball?highlight=tablet+cabinet

(JuastAnotherRat see link Jed provided back a page)

Thanks for that, I have an unrooted s5 duos, so probably won't root it as I have both my personal, and work sim in it. Bluetooth would rock though...

I'm currently laid up at home with a three piece kneecap.

Thanks for that, I have an unrooted s5 duos, so probably won't root it as I have both my personal, and work sim in it. Bluetooth would rock though...

I'm currently laid up at home with a three piece kneecap.

You can use a cable if you don't want to root it. I spent a while researching the best emulators for SNES, PS1 etc if you are interested I can pull my tablet out when I get home and give you some info.