Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've started the journey. I'm sure this will take a long time. I'm using an old TV cabinet to create a cocktail cab out of. Core Duo PC starting out with Linux but may go to XP / Win7 if it gets too hard. Just playing at the moment. Have started to cut down the unit and built a prototype controller in a shoe box! My 10 year old son is helping! I'll update here as I progress.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6241.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1808962Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6245.jpg
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	1808963Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6246.jpg
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	1808964

Comment

Just showing my first Cab build from Arcade Worx also internals and all other parts from Ozstick.
      2 week build and paint time (awsome kit)

Painted after construction and carbon wrapped the control panel, still looking for artwork to finish off the marquee.

Sorry for multiple images cant work out how to remove or correct rotation.
      Attached Files

Comment

Mame running hyperspin. Usually I'm a 1 joystick 3 button person but got asked to do this for a friend. 2 joysticks 6 buttons each. Old LAI cab which had seen some wear.
        I know it's LCD but meh.
        Just to do t moulding and complete a bezel around monitor.

Name:	20170316_155236.jpg
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	1819175

Comment

Thought I'd posted my project here, but I guess better late than never! This is Meet George Jetson (",)

Original drawing was done about 12 years ago as I lay in my bunk in a backpackers. A few years ago I revisited the design. The cab is virtually unchanged from that sketch, which is a bit of a fluke!
          Attached Files
          Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

That's really cool, incredible!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice curves
            Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
            DSB Electrical Facebook
            VAPS
            Vector Monitor Repro Parts
            Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
              That's really cool, incredible!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice curves

Hehe. Yeah, I like a bit to hold myself

I forgot to mention that the glass is also the control panel and that there are touch switches for P1 and P2, and Coin 1 and Coin 2, in between the normal buttons. Seemed like a great idea at the time, but of course inevitably you end up hitting a shift key on the Ipac while in the heat of a game! Will have to map P1 joystick shift controls to unused keyboard letters or something. I was going to have the touch controls elsewhere but I had a lot of trouble I assume with static off the CRT so in between the switches was far enough away from the tube not to have static issues...
              Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

Name:	Image1.jpg
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	1847417

I'm getting towards the end of my first cab build. Will post some more pics when its 100%

I started this in January and mostly worked on it in the evenings or weekends although had a bit of downtime due to heatwaves.

I have graphics, marquee and t-molding ready to apply but may do that over the weekend.

I bought two sets of joystick / buttons off eBay. First was the Easyget encoder + 2 joysticks and LED buttons and the other were Happ buttons with 2 joysticks. I also bought Zippy light touch micro-switches as I didn't like the heavy click switches that came with both sets of buttons. The Easyget buttons seemed to be pretty poor quality, I installed these first but within a day or two some of the LEDs started to fail and some of the buttons are a bit squeaky when pressed. So I've taken them out and put the Happ buttons in for player 1. The easyget joysticks also had a strange octagon restrictor plate on the bottom which I found hard to roll the stick around with as it'd stick in the angle corners, so I switched to the restrictor plate I got with the Happ joystick which has a rounded square, feels much nicer.

I think I might make a single player only control panel as I like standing in the center of the machine rather than offset and I'm probably going to be the only one playing it 99% of the time.
                Last edited by megaderek; 11th April 2019, 11:52 AM. Reason: first image appeared with the wrong orientation

Comment

Just got the art and t-moulding on tonight.

Still need to finish off the 1 player only control panel, but its mostly finished.

Name:	IMG_8092.jpg
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	1847675 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8083.jpg
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	1847676 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8080.jpg
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	1847677 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8094.jpg
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	1847678

Comment

Bubble Bobble bartop

Finally finished my bubble bobble bartop after nearly 12 months. Need to thank [MENTION=5028]MamePatrol[/MENTION] for printing the artwork he did an awesome job and [MENTION=4126]wwf[/MENTION] for the kit. I just need spearker grills and then I am done.

I modified an artwork I found online to suit but really is just a copy.

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	1852962

Name:	IMG_0372.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	1852963

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X