Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Glass, dag nabbit

Looking to get the glass for my cocktail shortly. Had thought I'd be best with tempered since I have two kids under three... am I being overly paranoid? Will heavy toys etc brought down too quickly on regular (~6mm) glass smash it?

I only ask since it seems so damned expensive. Two places have quoted around $250 for a 750x1000mm piece of toughened 6mm with rounded corners; I'd guessed maybe $150.

Is there some cleverer and cheaper way for me to do this? Alternatively, anyone know a cheap and dodgy glazier in Brisbane?? :unsure

i found getting mine prices varied mine was about 550mm by 800mm there about from memory 6mm and toughend glass with the edges polished for $70

some places told me it was $90 for glass $5 a corner x8 plus $20 for the edges and then frieght to perth to have it toughend and polished

the same place that i ended up going to did all the same with it only being $10 for the edges and the sheila was amazed when i told her it was for a arcade machine

and that was country WA prices :o

and regular glass will smash to pieces tempered/toughened will break but wont fly around and bee in hundreds of little pieces or perspex that would be more $$ but take out the paranoid wife. I know the kid thing ill have 2 under 1 next year and the wife was already scared with number one before he was born had to lock up the cab completely

Use Logan Glass down here where I am, Just of compton road

71 Parramatta Rd Slacks Creek 4127(07) 3290 3999Fax(07) 3290 6633

I just did a TableTop for a customer and 6mm tinted and toughened with rounded corners cost $75... They are cheap and good.....

you're going to hate me :p I was lucky enough to get my glass for free - my Dad is a builder and he deals with glass companies all the time and he got me a piece excactly the size of the front of my NEO-GEO cab.

The glass company deals with massive jobs and believe it or not, the piece that I got is actually called an 'off-cut' to them so that's pretty much why I got it for nothing.

It's double layered with reinforced laminate between them, I could probably stand on it before it broke - not that i'm going to test that theory :lol