Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clrmame

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • clrmame

    http://www.clrmame.com/

    anybody use this to update their roms?

    is it any good?
    is there anything better?
    15
    yes
    66.67%
    10
    no
    6.67%
    1
    did not know it existed till now
    20.00%
    3
    i use something else
    6.67%
    1
    rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
    if your new to electronics and

  • #2
    Been using it for years its great.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dezrae View Post
      http://www.clrmame.com/

      anybody use this to update their roms?

      is it any good?
      is there anything better?

      I use it.

      Yes, very.

      No.
      The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

      The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

      Comment


      • #4
        ha i dont bother i update my mame set every 18 months so cant be shagged updateding every release
        The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I use it all the time for dozens of emulators. Anyone can make DAT files for it. It even supports the new 30GB+ Dreamcast collection appearing on torrent sites around the traps.

          One useful thing it can do is generate ZiNc and Kawaks ROMs from a working MAME set! I don't bother getting the extra ZiNc files. I just point CLrMAMEPro to my MAME Roms, give it the right DAT file, and it generates the ZiNc set on the fly. Handy.

          *AND* it works perfectly under WINE in Linux.
          | |

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by elvis View Post
            *AND* it works perfectly under WINE in Linux.
            Does it? Handy to know

            Cheers,
            The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

            The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

            Comment


            • #7
              I've used clrmamepro but mainly use romcentre. Both the same... romcentre a tad easier learning curve to use.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by feeras View Post
                I've used clrmamepro but mainly use romcentre. Both the same... romcentre a tad easier learning curve to use.
                i assume this is the one your talking of?

                http://www.romcenter.com/
                rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
                if your new to electronics and

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by elvis View Post
                  *AND* it works perfectly under WINE in Linux.
                  yeh works quite well under wine.

                  Be nice if i could find the time to kill off the 'always on top' effect so i could cycle through windows on the desktop without minimising cmpro.

                  There was also a few redraw issues with changing desktops under XGL while cmpro was running but you can again get around that by switching on 'Emulate a virtual desktop' in winecfg. I've since stopped running XGL while my pc is slowly dying

                  elvis, does the view logfile, edit datfile (right click on a profile) or any other option that requires the execution of the external text editor work for you? If not i'll prod roman again to fix it.
                  - My random bits | - A Wah!Cade wiki | - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | |

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sairuk View Post
                    I've since stopped running XGL while my pc is slowly dying
                    I ran XGL/Compiz for about a month, then the novelty of having a half-speed desktop disappeared very quickly.

                    Originally posted by sairuk View Post
                    elvis, does the view logfile, edit datfile (right click on a profile) or any other option that requires the execution of the external text editor work for you? If not i'll prod roman again to fix it.
                    Haven't tried it in a while to be honest. With the advent of ROM updates via Torrent, I no longer need CMPro on a regular basis. About the only tool I use is AdvanceScan to build AdvanceMAME sets out of regular MAME sets.
                    | |

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by elvis View Post
                      I ran XGL/Compiz for about a month, then the novelty of having a half-speed desktop disappeared very quickly.
                      won't hijack the thread much longer, going to throw on fc6 and try out aiglx when i can find the motivation. may result in better performance though personally i doubt it.
                      - My random bits | - A Wah!Cade wiki | - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | |

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dezrae View Post
                        i assume this is the one your talking of?

                        http://www.romcenter.com/
                        yes! quite easy to use...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ive used clrmame once- to turn my motley collection (which works on v78) into gp2xmame (which is basically v34). im crap at using these sorts of things. it worked perfectly by following some very explicit directions from a site somewhere, but do you think i can find those directions again! it did seem to work well though...
                          Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by danny_galaga View Post
                            ive used clrmame once- to turn my motley collection (which works on v78) into gp2xmame (which is basically v34). im crap at using these sorts of things. it worked perfectly by following some very explicit directions from a site somewhere, but do you think i can find those directions again! it did seem to work well though...
                            this site? http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/clrmameguide.htm
                            - My random bits | - A Wah!Cade wiki | - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | |

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i give up on clrmame, i tried rom centre last night and got it working in a snap...

                              love it
                              rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
                              if your new to electronics and

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X