Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

80cm TV for $298 (Brand New with S-Video)

For anyone that is interested here is your chance. Big W at Garden City Mount Gravatt QLD (and possibly other stores.) is clearing them out. I was in the store today and they had "AWA" brand 80cm TV's on clearance for $298. :evil I checked and they definitely had RCA & S-Video connectors on the side. Act quick if you want one, they only had one on Display and two boxed out the back of the store. The number on the ticket was W8170. (I presume its the model number).

For anyone that is interested here is your chance. Big W at Garden City Mount Gravatt QLD (and possibly other stores.) is clearing them out. I was in the store today and they had "AWA" brand 80cm TV's on clearance for $298. :evil I checked and they definitely had RCA & S-Video connectors on the side. Act quick if you want one, they only had one on Display and two boxed out the back of the store. The number on the ticket was W8170. (I presume its the model number).

far out wish i was home so i can grab one damn.....

So does anyone know when the cease date of production of CRT's is?? I know a few companies were stopping in 2005..These things are falling in price now..but for restoration arcade jobs in the future it might be a pain to get one? Especially the 19inch (48cm) as I think everyone moved to 51cm ones..

So does anyone know when the cease date of production of CRT's is?? I know a few companies were stopping in 2005..These things are falling in price now..but for restoration arcade jobs in the future it might be a pain to get one? Especially the 19inch (48cm) as I think everyone moved to 51cm ones..

CRT’s production is winding down. I guarantee you they are quickly going the way of any piece of technology that is no longer being supported by the mainstream market. For good or bad they will be to our grandchildren what crystal radio was to our grandparents. Only to be collected and kept working by a handful of sad, desperate enthusiasts.

Most PC Monitor Manufacturers have ceased producing CRT's due to the popularity of LCD's. Considering the fact that LCD's are smaller and have less parts they will eventually (if not already at the point of manufacturer) be cheaper to produce and ship than CRT's anyway.

The old 4:3 CRT TV is a dinosaur in the current era of technological phrases such as Widescreen, Plasma, LCD, High Definition, Digital Broadcast. Yes the end of the CRT is neigh. How soon this happens depends on demand for the product. My guess is in Australia the large 80 & 68cm 4:3 CRT’s will be “super rare” possibly within 6-12 months. (I found most retailers don’t carry any 80cm at all.)

I’m sure you will be able to source “yum cha” brand units from overseas suppliers for a while yet, but I think Australian retailers will not consider them worth importing themselves.

Ironically as the bigger Japanese companies like Sony, Panasonic, etc all stop producing CRTs, the China market has picked them up.

I really wonder if CRTs will die as quickly as everyone is predicting. 3 years ago I was told they only had "12 months left", but I'm still seeing them come thick and fast. Every cheapy store (your "The Warehouse" style mass importers of chinese crap) constantly seem stocked to the brim of CRTs.

The fact that you can get a 21" TV for $99 and a 30" for $298 hints to me that they'll stick around for a while yet to fill out the ultra-low end of the market. Not everyone's got the cash a plasma or LCD (or multiple of them, as is the case for some folks I know).

As long as the new technology continues to be in the 4-figures price range, the old technology will be a marketable and successful sale, particularly for the Shenzen factories who are making good money from it.

CRT's will not be gone and forgotten as soon as many think. Remember, most manufacturers are still producing widescreen digital flatscreen CRT TV's. 4:3 won't be around long I expect but then again there are many consumer goods that have been gone from mainstream production that come back into favour once the Chinese start making them for peanuts. I think it's really gonna depend on how heap the Chinese can get the LCD/plama stuff down to.

With wg still making crts, they will be around for a while yet even in arcade and for one simple reason notice what has been one constant thing in the arcades?? Crts have kept on even after the rear pros were long gone and plasmas will be the same due to longivity. Maybe when a maker can produce a plasma with that as well as being a little more robust to transport then will it be seen a lot more games are starting to come out with dlp, but with very limited sucess as a lot of ops remember the sting of those awful 50 inch rps.

a lot of ops remember the sting of those awful 50 inch rps

I know a lot of ops who still insist on using those fucking awful screens in their arcades, despite their bloody awful focus, burn-in, poor brightness on odd viewing angles, etc, etc.

These ops think "bigger is better" and couldn't give a stuff about picture quality. I've been lucky enough to convert one or two in the local area back to CRT, but some just won't listen, and wonder why their brand new $5000 fighting game doesn't get played like it does down the road in another arcade with smaller but better screens.