Could you play mame onto a usb drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you play mame onto a usb drive?

geez I have been bored at work latley. I can't really surf the net that much without getting busted. I also can't install programs. I have a few little games on a USB drive that I sometimes play. I was thinking maybe I could load mame and my roms up from there - would that be possibe?

yeah just copy your mame directory onto the drive you dont have to install mame.

Comment

is there a version of mame that will load from windows? My DOS command is cut off as well

Comment

mame32
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys - all done

Comment

Originally posted by PRKLCD
            is there a version of mame that will load from windows? My DOS command is cut off as well
            mame32
            The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PRKLCD
              I have a few little games on a USB drive that I sometimes play. I was thinking maybe I could load mame and my roms up from there - would that be possibe?
              As mentioned, MAME doesn't need "installation". It only needs to be decompressed from it's zip file and can be run off any media, even a CDROM. Although you won't be able to save your settings, as CDROMs are read-only. But of course you can change settings on the fly as the game runs, or via command-line options.

There are several projects out there which aim to develop a completely independant, bootable CD or USB device that will load up it's own mini operating system and fire up MAME. One such project is this one:
              http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/cd-readme.html
              | |

Comment

Ahhh what a good day at work. A little kung fu master in the morning and a little wonderboy in the afternoon!

Comment

If they have only hidden the command promt, try and make a new shortcut on the screen. just call it command.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Prof
                    If they have only hidden the command promt, try and make a new shortcut on the screen. just call it command.com
                    If that's the total amount of effort your sysadmin has put into their systems "security", they need to be sacked.

Too many goddamn MCSE heros out there.
                    | |

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X