Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pandora Box arcade

The only two 'genuine' 3A games ones currently are the Pandora's Box 6 and the Pandora's Box DX. All the various other ones like 8, 9, 9D etc are all 'clones' of the 3A product.

If you want the best one, get a 3A one, as they generally have a faster processor than the clones. This means they run games like Mortal Kombat better than the clones.

This is the official store of 3A games.

https://pandorasbox.aliexpress.com/store/937838

The proper 3A carts have quad core processors where the clones have single core. I had a 6 which I gave to my brother when his older one died. I have just got a DX and am just starting to play with that. They have an SD card inside that has all of the games on it. You can remove the SD card and copy the entire thing to a USB drive. Then run everything from that while keeping the SD card safe in case the USB craps out. I'm hoping to be able to remove all vertical games as i'll be running mine on a horizontal setup.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

yes I have ...

Works on new Pandora Box cocktail version 516-1

King of air 2

• Like 1

DX is the best one thus far

For those wanting to play 3D games the 3D is also an option. DX and 3D seem to be top of the pile at this point in time. DX being being the offical 3A product and 3D an unofficial clone. And the King of Air 2 from 3A for vertical screen orientation.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read that the DX supports a trackball, but believe that's the only unit that does.

While I started out with the genuine 3A Games pandora box 4,5 & 6, the DX spec wise is miles behind the current clones which have evolved faster.

Still good for the older classics but struggles with newer consoles like N64, Dreamcast etc.

Zerojay has worked a lot with PB6 and DX and compiled a great games collection for the PB6 - given that the biggest issue with such consoles is the consistency of titles on them.

Currently, the pandora's box 3D GB3000 or 18s/Saga s812 will give you the best performance.

https://electroarcade.com.au/blogs/arcade/game-console-pandoras-box-key-7-3d-dx-5-6-7-9d-11-12-18s-saga-esport-what-to-look-for

• Like 1

Are you able where you bought the 18s from? Looking for one with jamma connection to plug into my machine. Thanks.

Hey Homar,

I did an Ebay for this one as I had a discount voucher. The seller was australia.dealer

• 2 weeks later...
Are you able where you bought the 18s from? Looking for one with jamma connection to plug into my machine. Thanks.

Hey Homar, you could always get the family to Jamma converter cable which I've used a few times - https://electroarcade.com.au/collections/arcade-machine-components-accessories/products/converter-adapter-cable-for-jamma-to-pandora-family-arcade-motherboard-upgrade

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Purchased from them years ago now and they are reliable. That said anything that ships at that price, you can expect to take 30+ days. 3A are nice to deal with and the original and great for playing arcade classics, so don't expect to play dreamcast, n64 etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Seems like I got a dodgy Pandora 6 from the two purchased. Was not reading the flash drive all too often. Seems ok now after reseating connectors and slightly raising the 5v to 5.1. Had it for over a year now but only recently its been stable since the changes.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used a Pandora's box gamepad converter to connect to a PC via USB? Curious if possible, running a DX at the moment but interested if this would convert it. Doesn't seem to be a pin layout either of it. 

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

bit of a novice here but found this thread.

can anyone advise on what a similar/same product to this might be as this seller is currently out of stock, also does anyone have any feedback on which one would be best to buy?

https://electroarcade.com.au/collections/arcade-machines/products/the-original-king-of-retro-arcade-gaming-single-deck-8000-titles-gamestore

assuming this is one of the newer/newest models. Have seen a few on eBay but not sure if they are the real deal or not

look forward to your feedback.

thanks