Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mala Mame Arcade Classics CD

Hi all,

I was given a pack of 14 cds that are simply titled Mala Arcade Classics.

Honestly they look rather suss but thats beside the point, when installing on the first cd it failed @ rar030.

Wondering if anyone has heard of this or if they have it can share that 1 rar file?

Cheers GimmeYoLunch$

Well I obviously don't have the disc's but what is actually on them?

Is it just a mame set?

Frontend?

What are you trying to achieve? (I know you want to unrar the disc's) but to do what with?

Its installed Mala front end, but i think these rar files have the roms and associated bezels, marquees, game art...

if i load into it it loads the game list, but it only got up to the Cs in mame.

The install exe seems to want to install all the rars in order so that it is a full list so if it aborts @ 030 on the 1st disk its kinda pointless.

I will grab a couple of screenshots when i boot it up tomorrow, and have another play around.

I went to disk 2 and there was no installer as well in case i could just skip the first disk.

• Administrators

Someone has just created an installer set of their Mala install which is just a set of directories. Mala doesn't require "installation" to windows, it just resides in a directory.

Just download Mala and a mame set and you'll be good to go. I wouldn't bother trying to repair this as generally all it will do is skip the corrupted files and they may be required files for Mala itself.

Brad

• Like 1

Wow, so i just downloaded game ex and installed and avast prohibited it from running as it had FileRepMetagen?

Like WTF, the IT gods are just totally shitting on me right now...

Maybe they need a sacrifice?

Or should i just turn it off and back on again...