Collapse

Discussion on building MAME cabinets.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17/21 Inch COCKTAIL CABINET PLANS

Hey all, I just thought I'd post these plans for anyone who is interested.
    When I first got intrested in MAME in 2006 I found it hard to find any plans for an aussie style LAI/TAITO Cocktail Cab.
    After alot of hours searching for easy to understand plans without much success, I decided to measure up a few original cabs and draw my own plans up.
    Initially I designed it to suit a 17" IBM monitor rotated but then found that a 21" SUN Microsystems Flatscreen mounted horizontally will squeeze into this design perfectly
    Heres the finished results...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1459196_783927624956790_1556934952_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1875984

I have changed the size of the metal used for the legs to 25x50x1.5mm tube, it looks more in proportion to the original tables. End caps can be found at Clark Rubber.

Cutting list for the plans
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Arcade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	1800335
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kaizen; 5 June 2017, 07:17 PM.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Thanks for that .... I'll add it to my stash

Comment

I have complete build pics in higher resolution from start to finish if needed
      Attached Files
      Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Comment

Don't forget to double check each dimension before cutting..
        Last edited by Kaizen; 25 October 2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Champion post!

Cheers

Comment

some more pics....
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Kaizen; 11 October 2008, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Nice thanks for those. Possible to post the higher res photos ?
              - - -

Comment

was there any specific shots you were after ?

Comment

Mainly the finished product & the internal ones to see how everything has been mounted up.
                  - - -

Comment

this size any better???
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Kaizen; 16 October 2008, 06:31 PM.

Comment

much, thanks for that.
                      - - -

Comment

So is that a decased 21" CRT?

What finish is on the cabinet's?

What front end do you have running?

I see you have built a few spares as well.

Also how are the CP's attached?

Cheers, very nice post,

Comment

The monitors I have been using are 21" Sun Microsystems Trinitron Flatscreen.
                          The sun was the only one I could find that was symmetrical top and bottom.
                          I either paint the cabs black or use a good quality German Adhesive Vinyl for the woodgrain look.
                          Control panels are screwed in from the inside.
                          I have been using Game Launcher with TS Gamelauncher Tools to setup lists but I think I'll switch to Mala with GLauncher Menu skin.
                          The spare cabs are all gone but I am doing another run right now if anyone is interested.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

For those that would like a new cabinet you need to post your location....

I would be interested in lots of details and photos...

Perhaps a dedicated build thread which can be stickied for future generations to admire...

Reason - I'm gonna try and build one of these for the 21" CRT I have in the shed..

Comment

How much do you think it cost you all up without the computer/monitor?

So wood, glass, buttons, legs etc?

I'm very impressed by the finish. Well done.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X