X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato King Mame machine

Attached Files
    sigpic

Looking good potato! Looks like a lot of work alright, but I'm sure once you're finished it'll be worth it though, just gotta keep slogging away...

Keep the pictures coming, I've seen a lot of cocktaily type stuff lately but I dont think i've ever followed a build of an upright, seems a lot more common for people to gut/restore cabinets.

Cheers,
    Snippy.

Comment

One thing missing from the Aussie Arcade forum is there hasn't been many built from scratch Mame cabinets, looking forward to seeing more pictures of yours Potato King.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroBorg
        One thing missing from the Aussie Arcade forum is there hasn't been many built from scratch Mame cabinets, looking forward to seeing more pictures of yours Potato King.
        http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=37

There's a few in there (including mine).

On topic... nice looking design there. I like seeing people who go for the full CAD design first and build second. I'll be following this one.
        | |

Comment

Originally posted by elvis
          You're right, there's a lot more than I realised, some very nice work there too.

Comment

Thanx for the words of support Snippy & Retro, Ill def add some more pics of progress.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potato King
              Fuk my roman sandals your machine looks very similar my machine Elvis... well considering mine was loosely based on LuSID's design also that's a bit of a no brainer. Awesome web site too, wish Id seen it before I started mine, I had the same idea of perhaps documenting mine too hence the progress pics.
              Yup, LuSiD to the rescue for mine. I basically converted his units to metric, and then skinnied the cab up so it wouldn't look so stupid with a 21" monitor in there.

And definitely do as much documentation as you can. I've had literally dozens of people drop me an email and say "Hey I used your plans and the tips on your site and make a great cab". I even had a Canadian Year 12 girl email me pics of her finished cab that she did for her senior woodwork project based off my plans!

I couldn't have made my cab without LuSiD's plans, so it's only right that I document and share my progress with the world.

Yeah, the big Titan shed came with the house. That and the back deck were the two reasons I bought the place. It had termites, and gets drafty, but I don't care because I've got a big ****-off shed.

Grab yourself a 25m extention cable and one of those $30 standing halogen lamps from Bunnings. "Daylight hours" no longer are an issue with 1000W of halogens lighting the way.
              | |

Comment

Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Sexy keyboard drawer.

Looking good so far!
                  | |

Comment

Very Nice! Im proud!

Comment

Great job there! Lurve that design!
                      sigpic

Comment

That is looking sweet as mate. What plans are you using again? Love to get them. I like that style cab, and am looking for an upright with Horizontal monitor.
                        The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Sexy keyboard drawer.

Looking good so far!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Pinny Parlour
                            That is looking sweet as mate. What plans are you using again? Love to get them. I like that style cab, and am looking for an upright with Horizontal monitor.
                            sigpic

Comment

You could use a metal release clip like used in cocktails to hold the top down, as long as you can access it through the keyboard drawer. How much room is between the CP top and the keyboard drawer? Trackballs are quite deep too..well the 3 inch ones are...
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X