Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software needed to configure jamma controller

Hey guys,

Recently refitted my games family machine to run on a separate OS and version of mame. All has gone swimmingly accept not all the buttons have been mapped up the keyboard hence the question what program do i use to do so?

Thanks

Swiddzy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

What keyboard encoder are you using?

Comment

Since you're using Mame you use Mame to map the keys. Run a Game, hit tab (need a keyboard attached), navigate the Mame Menu and go to Controls and map

Brad
      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Haven't got any kb encoder installed thus far
        Originally posted by Ryan555 View Post
        What keyboard encoder are you using?

Comment

Not all the jamma controls are currently recognised outside of mame and configuring within mame doesnt work as have tried.
          Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Since you're using Mame you use Mame to map the keys. Run a Game, hit tab (need a keyboard attached), navigate the Mame Menu and go to Controls and map

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Swiddzy View Post
            Not all the jamma controls are currently recognised outside of mame and configuring within mame doesnt work as have tried.

Sounds like a wiring issue.

Have you opened up say Notepad and used each control? If nothing changes I'd be checking wiring. In almost all of these cases its a ground issue but you need check.

Cheers,

Brad
            My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Hey brad,

Yeah notepad only recognises a few of the buttons also and it's not the wiring as the controls all work when using the standard hard drive that came with the machine. I'll try a keyboard encoder and see if that does the trick
              Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Sounds like a wiring issue.

Have you opened up say Notepad and used each control? If nothing changes I'd be checking wiring. In almost all of these cases its a ground issue but you need check.

Cheers,

Brad

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X