Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Namco Victory Lap Fault

Went out to have a look at a couple of games on site the other today.

One of the games is a Namco Victory Lap. The game displays a message "waiting for I/O board ready" on both screens. Does anyone have any experience with this game or any spares?

Original power supplies have been replaced with 2 arcade power supplies for the 5v. Both measured 5.1v. Another power for the 12v rail measures 12.1v. The test switch does not work so I can't get into any further diags. I assume the game has 2 x I/O cards on the outside of each game cage. These boards have a red and green LED but are both off. Game was working until power off and moved then the above error occurred. Have been round and checked for any loose cables. Is there any boards located in the largest upper rear panel of the game? I can partially open this but cannot fully remove the panel as the security screws have been all stripped.

regards Derek

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. This one has the moving seats.

Hi Serviceit, I have found one problem on a chip on the EMI filter board which apparently buffers the signals to the I/O boards so I am checking this further. Will also check your suggestion as this would explain both boards going faulty together. Do you know if Namco have in agents in Australia or any other ops who might have a System 22 I/O board I can borrow or purchase?

regards Derek

I had five spare ones at one stage... it is really common for the System 22 IO boards to shit themselves.

"Waiting for IO" means that the main stack cannot detect the IO board / its not plugged in / its possibly the EMI board. (I think that only one LED will be lit on the IO, but I cannot remember which one)

"IO Board Error" means that the fault is on the System 22 IO board, most likely with two solid red and green LED's (i.e. its rooted)

Thanks ServiceIT and Berty for the info! I found it strange that both boards sets had the same error but sounds like this is not uncommon. At least I know what to look for with the error code/LEDS now. I could not find much information on line. I may try to pickup a spare IO board anyway to help with troubleshooting in the future.

• 4 weeks later...