Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kagi Chassis Turns On Then Off Stright Away

Fault:

Turn chassis on ands turns off stright away small high pitch whine

Repairs:

This chassis has had caps replaced not long ago so i didnt think this was a cap issue. Did a few checks HOT was ok and flyback was fine so that wasnt the problem. B+ voltage was ok from ps pcb.

What i did find which i have seen before on another chassis was the control pots that adjust your H posi H Hold ect when touched the tracks would gentley move. I found that when i went to clean each solder connection the solder track on each pot the solder pad just flaked away. I cleaned each pot solder pads and repaired the broken ones.

Powered up chassis and came up with a nice clean screen

• 1 year later...
any chance you can send me some pics of the kagi chassis wired up as i have the same chassis and need to hook it up. I gutted my machine for restoration now its time to start wiring things back up I forgot to take phots to remember where everything went. Im sure i have everything right since the plugs usally only fit one spot but I really need to know which of the two are the HOT and Neutral pins on the power supply board.