Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Op Wolf repair job$$

Anyone interested in a little job!!, will pay $$, should be an easy fix considering all else works on cabinet the screen just brings up block type pics but the screen changes like there's nothing wrong, weird i know its probably the littlest thing. A few people suggested it could be a video ROM or RAM?, i have posted a few pics, anyhow think about and let me know, cheers. P.S im located in NSW

op wolf002.JPG

op wolf003.JPG

shame no one in perth does repairs

ive got a few boards that need some love

Wonder whatever happened to the boys from Filtek?

They were good, any of you old Perth guys know what happened to the Filtek Boys? (Closed down about 8 years ago I think)

So you want me to priority mail it to you, just so you can look at it? I can send you heaps of pics of the board if you just want to LOOK at it? I'd take a quick $50 anyday, only if i knew!!!. I'll find someone or maybe there's an ARCADE WIZZ thats yet to join the forum, avagoodone!!!!

So you want me to priority mail it to you, just so you can look at it? I can send you heaps of pics of the board if you just want to LOOK at it? I'd take a quick $50 anyday, only if i knew!!!. I'll find someone or maybe there's an ARCADE WIZZ thats yet to join the forum, avagoodone!!!!

Hi Parra

I think this is your best bet, really.

I am sure you realise you will have to pay for Travis' time (or any repairers time)

Your response surprises me a bit, we are trying to help you :unsure

Parra the attitude in some of your replies is not doing you any favours, the number of people who are willing to do this as a favour to you, even for a few bucks is probably seriously declining as a result. By showing yourself to be a problem customer before the board has even left your possession you are not exactly going to get people lining up to go out of their way to help. Very few of us in here are professionals in the arcade business ya know, we do this as a hobby, you know for fun, if you demonstrate that helping you out is not going to be in anyway "fun" then you will find people aint gonna be climbing over themselves to devote a Sunday arvo to your "simple" fault

You wouldn't expect a garage to give you a quote on repairing your car based on a few photos would you? Would you get shitty at them if they wanted to actually see the car before passing judgement? If its the RAM chip at fault it is simple to just replace it, if its the circuitry that controls the RAM chip that is faulty then it gets more complicated. If its a corroded track somewhere then it can be an absolute bitch of a job to find it, ie it will take hours!

The bloke who told you it was a simple fix by his own admission isn't able to to fix those things, so his diagnosis that it is "simple" should not be taken as the gospel truth, no matter how convenient it would be.

Look guys i apologies if my posts sound rude, but to tell you all i got the impression that you all new how repair pcb's, i'm moreso pissed of with myself because i should of looked into this op wolf cabinet more b4 i bought it and its already cost me more than i payed for the bloody thing and on top of this my wife thinks i waste our hard earned cash!!!, hope you all understand, regards PARRA 4 ever

• Administrators

Mate theres no easy way to describe how to fix faults, sometimes it takes minutes some times hours some pcbs ive come back 6 months later and found the fault.

People are trying to help you the best they can with the limitations of the forum.

If you can't repair it yourself you have 2 options.

A. find somebody local who will come out.

B. Send the board away for somebody to fix.

B. looks like your only option, even if somebody came out they would probably tell you they would have to take the board away to be repaired as it could take hours to fix.

Yeh I know it can be frustrating, especially if you have a board that cost a lot of money in the 1st place. Your best bet if you want any guarantees on fix or timescale is to call someone who does it professionally, they are likely to have the spares you need, and be able to devote the time it takes to fixing it. It might be more expensive that posting to someone on here, but at the end of the day you get your board back fast. You will have to pay to ship it to them tho, unless something is badly charred it is impossible to make any kind of diagnosis from a photo of the board. Even if something is charred replacing it may not fix the problem, the burnt part could easily be the effect of the fault, not the cause.

Look guys i apologies if my posts sound rude, but to tell you all i got the impression that you all new how repair pcb's, i'm moreso pissed of with myself because i should of looked into this op wolf cabinet more b4 i bought it and its already cost me more than i payed for the bloody thing and on top of this my wife thinks i waste our hard earned cash!!!, hope you all understand, regards PARRA 4 ever

This is probably a good time to remind all those who get glassy eyed over older arcade cabs that have "minor faults" or "easy fixes".

RULE #1

IF IT WAS EASY TO FIX THEN IT WOULD BE and the guy who is selling it would get double.

RULE #2

You will need knowledge in electronics and a good idea of how these boards operate.

RULE #3

you WILL need spare parts, many of which wont be easy to find, these things are 20 years OLD!!!

RULE #4

Often you will need basic test equipment, multimeter, logic probe ect.. often you will need expensive kit or access to it.

RULE #5

Most people dont offer repairs anymore because most guys are delusional about the time and effort needed to fix them. There are a few guys here myself included that can fix PCB's but after the bad taste in my mouth from someone who wasted my time and cost me $ I wont be doing it again soon... Advise is free but thats it usually.

RULE #6

If it doesn't work be prepaired to pay ALOT more than the item will ever sell for again getting it going... so you better like the game.

RULE #7

Only buy working complete cabs if you have any problem with the other rules :p

You got that right!, im looking to buy a few faulty pcb's just to have spare prom's and ic's . I found this mad site which allows you to download run repairs, breaks, burnouts and holes, they sell all types of repair kits. Im determined because i luv playin around with these things aswell as playing them!

You got that right!, im looking to buy a few faulty pcb's just to have spare prom's and ic's . I found this mad site which allows you to download run repairs, breaks, burnouts and holes, they sell all types of repair kits. Im determined because i luv playin around with these things aswell as playing them!

Good For you!

it's always a great feeling to succeed!