Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Looking for Jatre Specter schematics

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a scanned copy of the the Jatre Specter space invaders. B&W?

I've been trying to repair one for a friend but I'm not getting anywhere without the schematics. The clone has different circuitry to the Midway or Taito versions.

This is all I have of use at the moment.

Be aware that there's errors on the decoder schematic. Should go (157)pin 4-->pin 18(TMM333P) and therefore Pin 7 to 19. IMHO. But I don't really know. I've not got it working yet!!! :(

IMG_20191116_151916216.jpg

pinout Jatre Specter.jpg

decoder jatre specter.jpg

I've given up on this beasty. Way too hard for me without the schematics.

It was giving me a number. Does anyone know if this may be a diagnostic msg?

etc.. all the way down the screen.

I think it meant...you're spending way too much time on this. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I checked here first up, but didnt find anything. Interesting how the Jatre Specter link is actually a Taito tabletop manual with schematics. But the architecture is quite different. So obviously a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

I convinced my friend to use a multi. I'm making him a conversion harness.

Pretty staight forward. His table has a standard 15.75Khz b&w monitor. B&W has only two wires.. signal and GND. Not something you do every day.... combine RGB and Sync to make a composite signal. Started a new thread..

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/102785-Combining-RGB-and-Sync-to-make-a-composite-signal-for-B-amp-W

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks I checked here first up, but didnt find anything. Interesting how the Jatre Specter link is actually a Taito tabletop manual with schematics. But the architecture is quite different. So obviously a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

I convinced my friend to use a multi. I'm making him a conversion harness.

Pretty staight forward. His table has a standard 15.75Khz b&w monitor. B&W has only two wires.. signal and GND. Not something you do every day.... combine RGB and Sync to make a composite signal. Started a new thread..

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/102785-Combining-RGB-and-Sync-to-make-a-composite-signal-for-B-amp-W

After you and i being members here for ten years and we both live in melbourne.. i think its time we catch up for a coffee.....

I have 2 of these boards... my heart tells me its better to get one working again then have 3 dead boards.

only thing is.. i too have a original spectre invaders cocktail table which is sitting empty , i would love to restore it.

i am very anti maming of original machines.

Hi Baz,

Yeah I understand you not wanting to MAME anything. I'm the same. I just created a harness that is a plug and play... hopefully... we'll see.

I'd love to say I'd be happy revisiting this one... but I spent a lot of time on it and I found it healthier on my being to just let some projects go. I'm onto other projects now. :)

The problem I found was removing chips. Too many times I had to repair tracks, and that is just introducing more places for things to go wrong. So it's one step forward, two steps back. I'm done with this type of rework. lol. I need to win sometimes.... ha ha.

My friend just wanted to revisit his space invaders days. So the Multi-Game option will more that suffice this and the space restrictions of this very tiny cab. I wish everybody the very best that works on this board, I'm just over it. :)

20191216_180440.thumb.jpg.2e92c0083db2b1af2c3da392647327b4.jpg