Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

That ol chestnut. Speedrace pcb

Hey guys... it been ages since I said hi.

I've been working on that old Fuji Speed Race PCB. It's almost going. I didn't need it fixed for anyone or any particular need than to just embrace my hobbie. It was enjoyable. I almost lost my shit though when after hours of work I got a blank screen. Accidenly dripped the tiniest bit of solder between two traces. Anyway... was fun to hear the game again. Sold my original cab years back. My ttl knowledge recieved a quick but thorough refresh. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still at it. ;) Chow for now.

• 3 months later...

That repair gave me the sh*ts, so I guess you could say, the log has been well and truly flushed. :LOL

So the long answer is, nothing good to report eh! I did this and that and the other thing.. a whole lot a things. Too tired to type up epic falures. :)

Some of these boards just lick ya. Like a Tron PCB I tried to fix once. Fantastic developments then awe that famous interface error. Going to start a new thread.. I feel sane so no point in staying sane. he he

• Like 1

I hear ya too mate :) Yeah, you guys put so much effort into the site and your repair logs. Total awesome effort. Some of my repair efforts leave me with aching bones and a fried brain, a spiting headache from strained eyes, and that's the good part. :lol So yeah can't cope with the PC at that stage usually. he he. Thanks for your understanding bro! :)

I suppose the inspiration for my post was I'd been feeling a bit licked altogether at that point. Thought I had it in the bag. Thought I had through hole technology susses... and was my undeniable forte. But I got schooled by a few stubborn PCB and that sucks eh! But good to some point because it brings you back to what you now, and the assumptions you make. So it makes you better! A better repairer at the end of the day.

Man's got to know his limitations - Dirty Harry

Edited by taito