Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting an Arcade PCB to a CRT TV

Collapse

Share any logs or helpful information you may have to repairs of arcade PCBs, Monitors etc

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mark, this monitor will be used in a dedicated Spacies cocktail so permanently connected to RGB is fine.
    I just finished setting up the first monitor on the test bench so I might have a go at this tonight.
    Did you mean 390R resistor?
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Comment

Comment

Comment

Connecting an Arcade PCB to a CRT TV

Blanking voltage should be from 1.2V to 3.3V according to datasheet.

So that should help you work out what resistors will work on your 5V line.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Anything from 2K up to 10K should work.

Comment

Unfortunately I plugged the TV in, the red light came on, pushed the channel up button, the red light went dim then solid again.
              I spent a couple of hours checking some of the transistors, diodes and caps etc with no luck.

Will grab another TV tomorrow and may come back to this one later and check voltages as per the manual and see what I come up with.
              Last edited by Kaizen; 14 June 2019, 11:01 PM.
              Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Comment

Okay, the next TV I found was a JVC AV-21FT and has the same chassis and chips as the second one I modded.
                This should be reasonably straight forward and I've tested this one out first.

Last edited by Kaizen; 14 June 2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

You just linked to an eeprom dump...

- - - Updated - - -

Does this match?

JVC AV-14FT Service Manual download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics experts

Comment

Yeah once again trying to do stuff from my phone, link removed but it should be the same as the 14" JVC which you just linked to.

Comment

Is the teletext chip IC821 installed? If so it will make it so much easier to understand the schematic.

I believe you will just need to remove R706, R707 and R718. Use them as injection points by twisting 680R or 750R together with 75R into the empty slots. Then blanking is 5V into the lifted leg (closest to micro controller) of R708 if you want hardwired RGB...

Comment

No Teletext chip unfortunately.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The resistors are all surface mount...

I was thinking it might be easier doing the mod at the RGB Switch location like the last one.

Comment

Ok. You can possibly use the empty text chip header as your injection point.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X