Collapse

Discuss multi boards here IE:1000 in 1, 48 in 1 etc

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or at least a walkthrough and/or files I need. Much appreciated if anyone can. Jamie.

Comment

I'd be interested in a customised card for my PD3 if something in doing it

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
      "Roger 504 Apprehend him"

Comment

Help

So Using the Windows program have made several successful backup's of my original 412-1 Elf card.

Has anyone gotten any save hacks to work..

How to change the screen images on main menu, exit screen etc?

Comment

Originally posted by troels View Post
          Okay so I successfully cloned my original SD card but only after buying an identical Kingston 8GB card. The clone boots up and works fine.

I did this on my Mac using DD to create and image then writing the image to the new card.

Trying the same process with a different 8GB card using AOMEI (sector by sector) didn't work so I'm also trying it via DD right now. I suspect this one will need to use the boot "fuse" process.

I also don't think that boot 1.29 is the correct one as there's a version.txt file on the SD that mentions 2.60 (I think). Not sure if this is the boot version or not. It looks like the 8GB 412-in-1 is different (newer) than the one that have been covered so far so I don't know if the customisation and game save instructions will work. But I'm going to give it a try now that I have a clone.

Does anyone know any more about the boot image and extraction of it from my SD image file? There are instructions in the other forum (I still don't have a login yet) that tell you to search for a particular hex string near the end of the SD image and then extract from that point on to create the boot file. I'm quite happy with the method but the end of my 7GB SD image is all zeroes and there are several occurrences of the hex string, all of which are near the front. I would have thought that my SD image would have the boot "section" at the front too - the partitions at the end are all empty/unused space.

Finally can anyone explain what the "fuse" process actually does? Is it relocating the boot image in some way? I am fine working with Linux/Unix but the boot process is beyond my knowledge.
          Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I was just curious if you ever got it to work?
          I have a 420:1 Game Elf, and I've been trying to clone the SD card so I can add the hi score hack etc.

I used DD to copy the card, and I see all the files and everything appears to be there.
          But if I put it into the game elf, the logo appears but then it just loops.

I've been following threads, and one post said you need to remove/relink the 'reboot' file. I'm not sure if that means rename the file or something within it? I tried just renaming the file, and when I do this. The game Elf logo appears, but it never goes any further.

I've also been reading in some threads about needing to fuse a bootloader? I for the life of me cannot get that to work using SD-Flasher. I think it's because the program was made for win 7? I've tried using it in Admin mode, compatibility mode, just locks up and doesn't see my SD Card when installed.

Are there any up to date step by step instructions on what I need to do?
          I've been following so many threads, and they all seem to just end with people saying they have it working, but no actual steps that seem to work for me.

Comment

Hello 2021!!

Any updates to this thread? I wonder how to edit the music, background, etc. on the Game Elf card, too!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
            Working...
            X