Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade help - xxxx-in-1 button setup

hbk_life

Question

10 answers to this question

Gday,

I've never set one of these up - my 60-in-1 has just arrived and I'm still building my cabinet.

Having said that, do you have a JAMMA harness? What cab is it going in? What are you using as a Power Supply?

Cheers!

Maz

ive got my cab, I have it all set up from before, running snow bros on jamma harness, preeeeeeeeeetty sure they have given me a kick harness for extra buttons, have all the buttons and microswitches set up, just need to connect them to the harness, as well as make sure im not fucking up a expensive piece of equipment

and they provide a power supply as well as the standard one which was in the cab to begin with

I'd be doing the following:

• Check you have the correct harness
  • Connect the additional buttons to the harness
  • If unsure about wiring, grab a multimeter to test with
  • plug in harness
  • turn it on and test

Provided your not running any power through the harness, from what I understand, you cant really go wrong.

Is there something your specifically concerned about?

Cheers

Maz

im just concerned really about my lack of knowledge, and it talks briefly about fucking it up and damaging it ra ra ra and there goes my board. I just dont know enough about it as im pretty sure i need to solder the 4th button now onto the jamma harness as well as connect up the last 2 buttons. its just a lot of know how which i dont have regarding arcade machines. My goal/hope is to have it all done by next week, so hoping someone close will be able to pipe up and lend me a hand:(

Howdy,

Assuming this is the manual for your xxxx-in-1, it should have come with a "kick" harness for the additional buttons.

You'll need this for buttons 5 and 6. Wire the buttons to the corresponding pins on the kick harness. These buttons should share the ground from the kick harness.

Button 4 will need to be wired into the JAMMA harness - the manual will show the pinout to be used for this.

The button wiring - You'll want to connect the COM from the button to the ground of the harness. The other wire should be connected to N.O. (Normally Open).

As I said earlier - I havent reached this stage with my cab, so I'm going to throw this out to those more knowledgable...

All the best

Maz

I am not sure but wouldnt there be a slight difference between different multi game systems, eg The RED BOX vs the 1066 etc.

I have the "RED BOX" from Game Dude and that was pretty easy to hook up.

Wouldnt have a clue about the others.