Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Display problem with my xxxx in 1

Wrighty

Question

Hi,this is my first post on the forum and i have recently purchased my first arcade machine being that of a Lowboy.

I had a Radian Fighter jamma board in the machine but have recently replaced it with a xxxx in 1 redbox purchased from game dude.

The problem i am having is that the screen is split in two down the middle and no matter what i do with the adjustments which i think everybody calls pots?

I have also jumpered the common to the video ground this gives a clearer picture and thats it.

All the buttons are working fine and i can select games and play them.

Could this be a resolution problem?

11052009188.thumb.jpg.44f161d429691df2774583a8978c6056.jpg

Edited by Wrighty
Posted it twice by accident

Im not 100% sure on what you mean by Horizontal Hold but i have tried adjusting all the pots but still cant get rid of the split screen,below is a picture of the chassis im using.

656186476_Kaga-Nanao20KZ-20EN-L.thumb.jpg.c5424fa5eff29a0198309d348cfc70db.jpg

Not sure about the Gamebox but the 1066in1 box I have has a button to switch video modes, it cicles through PAL\NTSC\VGA, check that and make sure you are outputing either NTSC or PAL (depending on the screen)

Ok i have looked on the back of the tube and i can see what looks like a red,black and green like dial that has a flat screwdriver like groove on the side are these pots?I have attached a photo that isn't the best quality but the dials i am talking about are on the bottom right of the picture .

With the video modes i pressed the S4 button on the xxxx in 1 box before the windows screen came up and got the screen that i have attached in the photo most of it is written in a different language but i can make out the letters VGA that are situated half way down the list.

I can not scroll through this list no matter what buttons i push on both the arcade machine and the xxxx in 1 box.

27052009205.thumb.jpg.7bdaf2c9f9796b27483ef68f4da1b2dd.jpg

27052009199.thumb.jpg.4b108c6934ae3c12765e2baadf5660e0.jpg

I wouldn't touch those adjustments, they will just adjust the level of the Red\Green\Blue. They won't help with your issue.

That is just the Windows OS boot Option (Safe Mode, VGA Mode, etc)

You will need to wait till it's in the menu then try the buttons for video mode, it has to be in windows so the software that sets video mode is loaded.

Cheers,

Beau

Ok then i have tried pressing all the buttons on the gamebox and cant seem to get any lists up that resemble video modes.Should i be pressing the buttons between when the windows screen comes up and before you can see the games listing screen,as i have been doing this and it dosen't seem to do anything.I can however change settings for each game that is loaded up but im guessing that this isn't the screen you are talking about in regards to changing video modes.

Tried adjusting the first pot on the left and no luck im afraid, it only moves the screen about 2cm is this normal?could there be a problem with this pot?

Try the H-hold one

I have tried adjusting the H-Hold pot and it won't get rid of the split screen and

when i plug the original Raiden Fighter PCB back into the machine the screen is fine so would this still mean that it could be a jamma wiring problem?

Cheers

Wrighty

if its a redbox ive heard that have issues

this could be one of them. have you checked the chassis earth pin is the same as the jamma one?

could be the earth isnt properly being grounded from the rgb signal off the board :unsure

Ok not sure if i have got this right but there is a pin that has 6 wires Brown,Blue,Green,Orange,White & Black coming of the chassis i have traced it back to the Jamma wiring and none of these wires connect to any of the earth jamma pins is this what i should be looking for?

Also i have found two red wires that were just hanging inside the machine they are attached to the main grey wire coming from the monitor could this be something to do with my problem?They could have come loose when i rotated the screen maybe.photo attached.

Cheers

Wrighty

06062009210.thumb.jpg.67ebbff9118fb5227b709e43030e2265.jpg

Ok the chassis has R,G,B,GND,HP,VD written on it above the pins, on this chassis the GND is the 4th pin and is a black wire which go's to pin 12 on the jamma pinout.

If i connect the black wire to pin 14 then what happens with pin 12 which displays video red on the pinout chart?

honestly that makes no sense to me, unless its not a jamma connection? So it looks like a LAI connection- which has a video ground on pin 12. Not sure how to work around this unless you rewire it for a proper jamma. Unless somebody else has a better idea? Edited by serviceit

Thanks Mike for the info but that xxxx in 1 system looks different to mine.Below is a picture of the gamebox i have.Does anyone know how to switch between video modes on this box?

100141.jpg.45c53d441c34af70874bc44541b7b8ff.jpg