Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

1069 in 1 upgrade

4wasp4

Question

Hi guys,i want to buy 1069 in 1 board in australia,but id like know who can do a upgrade on the cpu as ive heard it will speed the loading time and be more reliable and also id like to add more games on it i heard there is a upgrade of another 139 games, i know of a mob in the usa(jammaboards.com) who does this but id like to keep the money in oz

4 answers to this question

I purchased one of these a few months ago.

When I purchased it I tracked down ram, upgraded it to 2gb, it helped a little.

I then ordered a new hard drive from jammaboards, this increased the speed a ton as the hard drive I had was slow as hell. It also added shutdown system to it, much needed. I also purchased a better IDE cable, no idea if it did anything.

I then upgraded the cpu I found on ebay, it was dead easy too, more than doubled the speed of the system, for $20.

If I did it again, I'd second thought the RAM and/or IDE cable. I'd do the hard drive and cpu again in a heart beat. I messed around with clone images of the hard drive for awhile then gave up and just purchased one from the states. You may be able to save yourself so money doing it yourself or finding someone in Australia to do it for you.

If you have any questions the link above is the best resource around.