Quality : Multi Board V Original Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality : Multi Board V Original Board

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere but there doesnt seem to be a FAQ or help guide thread that I can find.

I am wondering what the quality is between a multi board V the original board.

I have read that some of the multi board games have some sound and some continuation problems but are they just a couple of isolated issues or are they indicative of the quality of Multi Boards in general?
    We're the renegades of funk

the smaller 48,60,193,108 ect are all eeprom or flash driven so do have some slight issues. the 1066+ boards are HD based. all are really mame on a board of some sort the larger ones are a compact PC on a jamma board

end of the day its what you prefer. just remember original boards are getting older and parts are harder to find.
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

It's just a shame they don't keep high scores...call me childish, but I like to see my name in lights

I'm in the market for one soon - yet to decide
      Pins - Star Trek: The Next Generation
      Arcade - 26" LAI with SFII CE, SF vs Xmen, Marvel Vs Capcom, Marvel Vs Street Fighter, Street Fighter Zero 2
      Neo Geo - MV-2F, MV-1C - 100-in-1, World Heroes, Super Sidekicks 2, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting

Comment

machines never did sited anways

Comment

Originally posted by narf_ View Post
          machines never did sited anways
          I have to disagree there, my highscores always remained on the games at the local, for months on end. Thats if were talking cabs with boards

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
            I have to disagree there, my highscores always remained on the games at the local, for months on end. Thats if were talking cabs with boards
            Not many games had battery backed high scores.

Comment

Yeah they kept the score until powered off.

Brad
              My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

yeah that was implying brad

Comment

Originally posted by narf_ View Post
                  the smaller 48,60,193,108 ect are all eeprom or flash driven so do have some slight issues. the 1066+ boards are HD based. all are really mame on a board of some sort the larger ones are a compact PC on a jamma board
                  So are you saying that the large 1000 in 1 (like the red box) are a higher quality than the small 48 in 1 etc because of their construction and storage design?

and therefore more likely to be a faithful reproduction of the original game rather than an 'almost as good as' game?
                  We're the renegades of funk

Comment

both are sort of on par

each has its pros and cons due to design

Comment

Does anyone know if the multi 1066 in 1 comes with a videoamp circuit?

Comment

Originally posted by Mango View Post
                        So are you saying that the large 1000 in 1 (like the red box) are a higher quality than the small 48 in 1 etc because of their construction and storage design?

and therefore more likely to be a faithful reproduction of the original game rather than an 'almost as good as' game?
                        the 48 in 1 is a emulation of emulation. A lot of the sounds are way off or just plain wrong.

The 10xx in 1 is a pc running mame, better sound emulation. Plus the hackabilty of them.

Comment

Im half warey of getting a 108-in one MVS cart. But I shall be buying one in the very near future and shall endevor to list all the issues with each game in another thread.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X