Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Konami Firebeat RTC batteries - Pop'n 8

5m3g_head

Question

I was wondering if anyone has any info about changing the RTC batteries in Konami Firebeat hardware - Pop'n music 8

While trawling for info about this hardware I came across this Korean website

https://namu.wiki/w/Firebeat

part of the google translate was this.

The only downside is that the board is equipped with a Panasonic BR1225 lithium battery for RTC data, which will not work if discharged. It does not matter if the lithium battery is replaced before it is discharged, but after replacing the lithium battery after discharging it, a password is issued to Konami when it is booted and entered into the board. In addition, if the issuance of the password in 2010 is stopped and the lithium battery is discharged, the life of the board is just over.

I found this video shows what happens when the batteries go flat.

As this is just a translation, Im not 100% if I can just change the batteries without prompting the password and seeing as Konami no longer supply the password it seems risky.

There is also a rumor that someone made a password generator, but I haven’t been able to find it.

Currently my Pop’n 8 is still running and Id like to keep it that way, so if anyone has and information, I would greatly appreciate it.

2 answers to this question

Thanks for the link !

I should have posted here after I resolved this.

After doing some research on the RTC, turns out it has 2 batteries and they are wired in parallel. So you can change them one at a time without loosing the data.

I did it, worked fine.

• Like 1