Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How do you quit a 48-in-1 game? And are there any 2 player simultaneous games?

dmworking247

Question

I've just installed a 48-in-1 board. Once you're in a game, how do you quit out? I hope the answer isn't that you have to cycle the power (that'd suck for my kids).

Also, are there any games at all on a 48-in-1 that can support 2 player simultaneous? I took a look but I don't think there is. If not, then my problem is sorted for the new lowboy control panel: An 8 way joystick on the left, 3 buttons (no need for a fourth on 48-in-1 is there?), and then a dedicated 4 way on the right (Dkong, frogger, Pacman, etc).

9 answers to this question

Once you finish all your lives, the menu will come back onto the screen.

Ive just finished my bartop today , so we have been giving it a bit of a thrashing.

1943 is only a single player version ... i dont think there is any simultaneous games in it.

I only put 2 buttons in mine .. didnt think there was any games that used 3 :unsure

Running out of lives isn't a problem, but how do you quit when you do? The game would return to its own title screen I presume... so is there a button you then press to return to the main menu?

Once you finish all your lives, the menu will come back onto the screen.

I only put 2 buttons in mine .. didnt think there was any games that used 3 :unsure

AH! That explains it then, so you need to 'reload' the game to have another go.

Sorry for the dumb question, I plugged it in to test the board (and the cabinet) but I don't have a control panel wired up yet.

Re 2 buttons... hmm, interesting, I think I'll put three in anyway. :D

Awesome, thanks guys.

That sorts it then, this weekend I've got to build two new Control Panels:

1 for the vertical lowboy (8 way, 3 button, 4 way piggy backed to player1)

1 for the Dolphin cab (4 way, 2x 8 way/6 button, trackball, spinner).

I've got my work cutout if I want all this ready by Christmas day! :)

Thanks spacies,

Fortunately this lowboy is fkn awesome, its the best buy I've had in the hobby so far.

Its a great size for the 48-in-1 (small), the 22" screen just slid out and rotated (by design!), it has one of those fancy step down transformers with molex plugs everywhere, inbuilt coin counters, test switch, service button, tinted glass, a plastic bezel (yay, my first), working marquee, etc etc. I took out the badlands PCB and whacked the 48-in-1 in, Done! Not to mention two 'bonus' champ sprint wheels for my other cab :D

(I just need a CP :) )