Help XXXX in 1 ZAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help XXXX in 1 ZAP!

Last edited by BuRNZ; 1st April 2013, 03:46 PM.

Turn it off before tinkering?

Comment

Last edited by BuRNZ; 1st April 2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuRNZ View Post
        Of course I turned it off before tinkering but I think these monitors hold a charge?

Just reading up on it now.

http://www.andysarcade.net/personal/...ischarging.txt
        Yeah, they sure do - looks like you have found something useful there. I forgot to use the smiley last time.

Comment

the charge shouldnt affect you unless you were trying to remove the chassis from the tube as far as i know. Does the monitor still power up?

Comment

Your PCB requires 2 power supplys.
            The ATX will fire the board and show a pic on the screen. The Arcade PSU allows your joys and buttons to work. If they aren't working that the first place I would check.

And yeah, be careful mate. I haven't had a shock for a couple of years now (touch wood).
            Just watch where your hands are going. Nobody wants you to get hurt.

Comment

2 shocks this year, 1 from a TV that I pulled-apart, and one from a pinball as I was leaning in to reach a stray screw.

TV one hurt alot more.

Comment

Generally if you brush it with your hand and your other hand is near or touching metal *BANG* your gunna feel it...........proffessionals, i have heard always force themselves to keep on hand in thier pocket at all times!

Eg, only use one hand at a time (if you can), trust me it works, it's a good zap but wont really hurt you unless you have a weak heart, or if it scares you then you rip your hand out slicing it on sharp metal as you do!

So remember keep a hand in your pockey, and try not to touch the flyback plug on the tube, or if you are really worried discharge it, but i think it's overkill if you aren't doing anything to the tube/chassis.

Comment

Last edited by BuRNZ; 1st April 2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuRNZ View Post
                    Sorry to raise the dead but better than starting another thread.

My cocktail cab powers up game menu on the screen. It even makes the coin sound when I insert a coin. But the controls still don't work.

I've gone over this mess of wires as best I can and found this wire has come loose.

[ATTACH]8993[/ATTACH]

Could this be why my controls no longer work?
                    It looks like a ground wire for something - No doubt it needs to be re-connected!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X