Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

1000 in 1 Question

MikeB

Question

Hi I’m new to arcade but was hoping you could help me. I have a 1000 in 1 jamma board (which is actually a PC setup) running in an LAI cab (Australian) which originally came with SFII. The board boots up fine and by changing one of the dip switched I’m able to scroll through and select my desired games without putting credit in, how ever it’s there that I run into an issue. My machine didn’t come with a coin mech installed so I’m unable to obtain credits (the old fashioned way), It has a credit button in it, which works fine for SFII but when trying to use it to get credit on the 1000 in 1 board it doesn’t work at all.

I’ve tried this board in a friends machine (also with no coin mech) and it works fine (friend also has an LAI cab, but was originally for TMNT 4-player)… I”ve written down the pin outs on my machines jamma harness as I assume the issue lies in there?

The pin outs that actually appear to be used in my machine are as follows (the ones with the *** are the ones that are not connected).

PARTS (TOP) SIDE SOLDER (BOTTOM) SIDE

GND 1 | A GND

GND 2 | B GND

+5V 3 |C +5V

+5V 4 | D +5V

-5V 5 | E -5V

+12V 6 | F +12V

***KEY 7 | G ***KEY

***COIN COUNTER #1 8 | H ***COIN COUNTER #2

***LOCKOUT COIL #1 9 | I ***LOCKOUT COIL #2

SPEAKER (+) 10 | J SPEAKER (-)

AUDIO (+) [PRE-AMP] 11 | K AUDIO GND [PRE-AMP]

VIDEO RED 12 | L VIDEO GREEN

VIDEO BLUE 13 | M VIDEO SYNC (COMPOSITE SYNC)

VIDEO GND 14 | N SERVICE SWITCH [OPTIONAL] ***

TEST SWITCH 15 | O ***TILT SWITCH

COIN SWITCH #1 16 | P COIN SWITCH #2

1P START 17 | Q 2P START

1P UP 18 | R 2P UP

1P DOWN 19 | S 2P DOWN

1P LEFT 20 | T 2P LEFT

1P RIGHT 21 | U 2P RIGHT

1P BUTTON A 22 | V 2P BUTTON B

1P BUTTON B 23 | W 2P BUTTON B

1P BUTTON C 24 | X 2P BUTTON C

***[1P BUTTON D] 25 | Y [2P BUTTON D]

(UNUSED) 26 | Z ***(UNUSED)

***GND 27 | AA ***GND

***GND 28 | BB ***GND

Would I be correct in guessing that the fact that neither of the coin counter pins are connected is what’s causing me an issue? If so could you please advise the best way to resolve this? Can I just connect a toggle switch (like my current credit button) to these 2 pin outs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I thought the counter is supposed to be where a box is connected to count the lifetime credits of the machine. When a credit is put in, the counter sends a voltage pulse that triggers one "count" and the mechanism moves forward one number.

You want to use the Coin switch #16 on one side of the "coin button" and connect a GND to the other side. If you use a normal arcade button it must be NORMALLY OPEN or N/O so that when the button is pressed, #16 and GND are temporarily connected up and then disconnected.

You may have #16top connected to #16bottom which is wrong, or you may have #16top and GND connected to NORMALLY CLOSED terminals or a toggle switch. Do not use a toggle switch here.

Best to check it with a multimeter in case another button is connected up wrong, or you have a short somewhere.

Finally got around to checking the wiring with a multimeter with no luck everything seems fine, which i kind of expected seeing as though the credit button works fine with "Normal" PCBs.

As an aside i tried one of my mate's xbox to jamma converters in there and it had the exact same issue, so i just bit the bullet and bought a coin mech for the cab and now it works sweet.

Appreciate the assistance.

Cheers