48-in-1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48-in-1 question

I am considering buying a 48-in-1 board and have just taken a gander at the games list. I noticed that some of the games use a 4-way joystick whilst others use a 8-way joystick. It seems strange to me that they would put 4-way & 8-way joystick games on the same board, now I have to decide which joystick type I should get to maximize the number of games that I can play. For those that have a 48-in-1, how did you decide which type of joystick to use?

Matthew

when I got my 48in1 I was kinda pissed that it was almost impossible to play pacman. Turns out I have joysticks in the cab that can be set to manually to 4 or 8 way (it was crap playing pacman on a 8 way joystick, he didnt make the turns easily). So I now leave it set to 4 way, and never notice the need for 8 way.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish Tales!! View Post
      when I got my 48in1 I was kinda pissed that it was almost impossible to play pacman. Turns out I have joysticks in the cab that can be set to manually to 4 or 8 way (it was crap playing pacman on a 8 way joystick, he didnt make the turns easily). So I now leave it set to 4 way, and never notice the need for 8 way.
      What about 1942 & 1943? I would have thought they would be difficult to play with a 4-way joystick?

Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by felixthadog View Post
        What about 1942 & 1943? I would have thought they would be difficult to play with a 4-way joystick?
        What, they're supposed to be played with an 8-way?

No wonder I'm so shit at those games. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
        "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

Originally posted by David_AVD View Post
          lol same, surprised you need 8way for anything on that pcb!

Comment

Originally posted by David_AVD View Post

No wonder I'm so shit at those games. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
            Well according to www.klov.com and the MAWS web-site, both 1942 & 1943 use an 8-way joystick.

Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by felixthadog View Post
              Well according to www.klov.com and the MAWS web-site, both 1942 & 1943 use an 8-way joystick.

Matthew
              true, but they are playable on a 8 way at least. Allways gunna be a trade-off I guess, but try playing pacman on an 8 way....its ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish Tales!! View Post
                true, but they are playable on a 8 way at least.
                I presume you mean 4-way?

Matthew

Comment

You could get some of those fandangled sticks that go 4 and 8 way by lifting and twisting
                  The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davefjedi View Post
                    You could get some of those fandangled sticks that go 4 and 8 way by lifting and twisting
                    Which ones?

Matthew

Comment

These look good, expensive but handy having the switch to change from 4 to 8 way, posted by Elvis bottom of page in http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...210#post200210
                      sigpic

Comment

i use universal sticks. there that tight with a short throw it isnt a issue. compared it to a zippy also in a identical cab
                        you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

And of course, you definitely CAN'T get through Scramble without an 8-way.

For commercial use, I set them as 4-way sticks.

For my own cabinet, I have an 8- way and a 4-way stick in parallel. I also have a mag-stick plus but I'm not happy with the feel.
                          Q.Are we not men? A.We are DEVO!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X