Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Multi Boards banned on Ebay?

xygt

Question

I think the days of buying a multi board on Ebay like a 48 in 1, 1069 in 1, etc. are very numbered, if not extinct now.

Most of us resellers have had our listings removed, and I even had to go through an Ebay online 'counselling' training course! It was an online self assessment with choose the most correct answer type stuff, showing you that you have been bad for infringing copyright. I had to complete before I was allowed to selling anything else on Ebay.

I've done some searching and can't even find multi boards on Ebay overseas, so I'm guessing it is an worldwide initiative.

I've still got plenty leftover if you need one, Gamedude and Kramer will also have them, or from Hong Kong direct.

21 answers to this question

Rampage that must have been the swap in Bendigo, I saw them sitting on the table. I can remember being there a few years back and they were selling pirated DVD's so must be anything goes.:unsure

*WARNING RANT AHEAD*

(most likely common knowlage around here anyway)

Deleted this under the flaming rule.

So anyway ... back on topic

personaly i think its great

having mame is one thing , but profiting from selling mame an the other emu's in gameboxs with roms is another

i hope all the jokers selling cheap chinese cabs an romboxes get removed from ebay cause its taking away the market from REAL arcade collectors , one such joker is e.amusements , ive personaly delivered about 12 machines he has sold on ebay from customs to his newcastle warehouse when he used to use the frieght company i work for , yet in all his auctions he claims they are handbuilt australian custom cabs lol with hacked original pcb's or words to that description

but he got what was comming to him from some people i know good old paypal an there well worded fine print plus statutory declarations from 3 arcade operators witnessed by a jp = free arcade cabs for anyone who wants to order them off him an file the nessisary complaints

go go go

Its called vicarious copyright infringment. That means YOU are not breaching copyright, but YOU are providing a way for OTHERS to do it. Remeber that game City of Heroes? You could make your own super hero and play online. Mavel and DC comics sued the crap out of the makers of the game because it allowed people to call their character "Wolverine" or "Superman". A big WTF on that one. But Mavel and DC won.

You tube will be next if they dont crack down on people uploading copyrighted material.

Im not going to comment on what conebeast said because i dont wanna start a shit fight but cone, becareful what you say on the interenet. Word travels fast and all that.

Any way, I can unerstand why the multigame boards are being banned on ebay but i see the otherside where i think well, many people dont know how and where to buy single game boards and these multiboard systems allow for someone who just likes to play games but really has no idea to get a stack of games they like and play them

It's a tough call and I understand why some dont like them and I understand why some do like them. If ebay has pulled them because the companies that own the copyright to the games included in the xin1 boards then fine. but if its only cause of other sellers on ebay who sell competing products are complaining then I would argue that it's not right. It's up to the owners of copyright to enforce said copyright. actually I do know that for names if a person doesn't defend their copyright then they can lose said copyright on name.

I also don't see what the big deal is with them, mainly cause they aint perfect. I looked at one once and didn't like it at the time because of sound issues. I would rather build my own rig.

That all said, some other auction sites still have em listed!

I'm tired of the debate. I'd support 'rip offs' being banned if there was an actual viable 'legal' alternative.

Most of these arcade games are 20+ years old and they were designed to be run on dedicated hardware in giant cabinets. I have room for one arcade machine. As much as I love the nostalgia of arcade games I don't have room, nor can I justify, spending several hundred on a 20 year old piece of hardware to put in its own cabinet.

I don't personally have an x-in-1 because the quality sounds like crap (sound problems etc) and to that end I'd rather pay a bit more for a more 'genuine' product, but there never will be a genuine way to buy hardware running multiple original arcade games from different manufacturers. So thats the issue in a nutshell, the customer base wants a product that the market will never 'officially' produce, leaving us with Chinese ripoffs or MAME.

Seriously, the law is that you can run a 'rom' if you own the original hardware. WTF you can't even BUY 'new' original hardware if you want to play pacman in your own home on arcade hardware and even if you could ... customers want to purchase the software not the bloody PCB. Alternatively you can pay $10-20 per game for some rip-off Java version for your stupid mobile phone? I seriously wonder which is more criminal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... get the matter sorted and come up with some sort of 'itunes' online store (at realistic) pricing where you can buy a classic arcade ROM that has past its arcade prime, and then I'll feel guilty about MAME or x-in-1s.

In the mean time, any of the original companies (that still exist) should stop their bitching and get with the times. I'm sick of companies bitching who are so out of touch with the market.

personally i dont care if ebay allows them to be listed or not,

you can buy them else-where so whats the problem?

ok its shitty that you cant list a 48in1 cab on ebay, but am sure with a tweaking of the wording you will get away with it.

dunno why people rip on the quality of the sound of these things... its cheap.. and quite a few of the games play and sound so close to the originals that they can be considered a bargain! Sux about mooncresta's sound as its a fav or fine though lol

It's a tough call and I understand why some dont like them...

Because they are anal retentive purists.

... and I understand why some do like them. ...

Because they are lazy, cheap bastards.

:lol :D LMAO :D :lol

I've said it before and I'll say it again... get the matter sorted and come up with some sort of 'itunes' online store (at realistic) pricing where you can buy a classic arcade ROM that has past its arcade prime, and then I'll feel guilty about MAME or x-in-1s.

In the mean time, any of the original companies (that still exist) should stop their bitching and get with the times. I'm sick of companies bitching who are so out of touch with the market.

It's been tried by 'Starroms' but the only original company to come to the party was Atari. Pity.