Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

48 in 1 Using PC Power Supply

maxpower

Question

Hey all just fired up the 48 in 1 using arcade power supply and works great but was wondering how to use a pc power supply. I just think it's safer using a pc one because there's no 240v pins to touch. I'm selling this cocktail so want it to be as safe as possible. I know where it plugs in but do I have to loop something on the p/s main plug?

Thanks

Max

8 answers to this question

I gave this a go today and when I tested the output voltage 5v was fine at 5.3v but with the 12v I could only get 10.21v max.

When I did a test with a 48 in 1 board I could get into the settings screen but I couldnt scroll through the screens or get sound.

I thought this might be because of the pc power supply I used, so I grabbed a different brand and had the same outcome.

Could it be that I have 2 dud power supplies, the game works, you can get credits etc, just sound and the scrolling dont work.

I have tested the board that I have in another machine which has the arcade power supply, and all works fine in that with sound and scrolling.

I gave this a go today and when I tested the output voltage 5v was fine at 5.3v but with the 12v I could only get 10.21v max.

When I did a test with a 48 in 1 board I could get into the settings screen but I couldnt scroll through the screens or get sound.

I thought this might be because of the pc power supply I used, so I grabbed a different brand and had the same outcome.

Could it be that I have 2 dud power supplies, the game works, you can get credits etc, just sound and the scrolling dont work.

I have tested the board that I have in another machine which has the arcade power supply, and all works fine in that with sound and scrolling.

I don't think 2 would be faulty. I didn't end up using a pc power supply. Too lazy to change it. Can you get a arcade power supply in yours?

Did you have a load on it? Some power supplies don't regulate very well without a considerable load on them... The 48-in-1 may not be enough of a load for the power supply... So unless you hang some fans or bezel lighting off it it may not regulate properly.

Some of the higher end supplies would be better at regulating at lower loads - but an arcade supply would be much cheaper!!

I was just going to use one for a test unit for testing boards, but ill buy a arcade power supply to make sure things are right.

I just thought seeing I have a fair few pc power supplies id have a go at using one.

The first one I tried was a A-open the next was a compac branded one dont know if either of these are high end but they both failed to meet the required voltage needed to make the 48 in 1 board work right.