1000 in 1 and jamma noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 in 1 and jamma noob

Hey everyone, I've just bought myself a 1000 in 1 board (games family) plus a Killer Instinct jamma cabinet. I'm still waiting for the cabinet to arrive but I wanted to make sure that I knew exactly what I was doing before it turned up. As far as I can tell, installation is pretty straight forward apart from one block plug that is confusing me. It's has 5 pins P2-B5, P1-B5, P2-B6, P1B6 and ground. I'm guessing that the 5th and 6th buttons wire directly to the control panel but I'm not too sure where the ground should be connect to. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to electronics so an idiot proof answer would be cool.

Excellent forum by the way guys. I'll certainly be visiting often.

Thanks.

For an idiot proof answer run the ground wire to the ground terminal on micro switch button 5 player 1 then daisy chain it to the other buttons ie player 1 button 6 ,player 2 button 5 and 6

Comment

I personally have not seen one of these 1000 in 1's but id say the ground will be the same ground that all your buttons, joysticks and coin mechs use.

Comment

Excellent, thanks very much for your help guys.

Comment

buttons 5 & 6 are hooked up via the wire harness provided with the board.

The board has a common ground that you can use for buttons 5 & 6 for P1 & 2

this is what I did and have not had one issue.

Comment

rembering there are 2 types of 1000 in 1 the redbox and the blue pc based one
            Do a search for redbox there is a listing in there somewhere from gamedude a few weeks ago on how to wire up the extra player buttons to the redbox
            The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

different help

g day does anyone know how to set these boards up for the use of a trackball. it has a mouse connection but does not register the mouse. any help would b great.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead1 View Post
                g day does anyone know how to set these boards up for the use of a trackball. it has a mouse connection but does not register the mouse. any help would b great.
                if its the games family one yes it can have a usb happ trackball added to the system with some mods done to some config files on the hard drive.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X