48 in 1 quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 in 1 quick question

I'm getting one of the 48 in 1 PCBs for my LAI cab, my question is - can you play 2 players similtaneously with this PCB?

I'm guessing by the age of the games that only one player can play at the time, alternating with the second player?

if thats the case I will set my CP up with only 1 joystick and buttons to suit to give more space

could someone clarify

regards

Jason

Only player 1 followed by player 2.. None are simultanious.

Comment

Probably best to wire up your CP with 2 players 3 buttons that way you will have a broader range of games/PCBs that you will be able to swap out later on down the track

Comment

I think 1943 you can have 2 players playing at the same time

Comment

thanks guys
          if you can play 2 player game in 1943 I guess I will go 2 player, 3 button per person
          then also I can swap out PCB I guess and not necessarily need a new CP

thanks

Jason

Comment

I over looked 1943.. Oppps..

Comment

I recieved my 48-in-1 just the other day, still wiring the cab at the moment.. Can 1943 run in alternating mode like the other games?

Thanks
              Fry: "Wait a second. I know that monkey! His name is 'Donkey'."
              Professor: "Monkeys aren't donkeys. Quit messing with my head!"

Comment

Originally posted by VIDGuide View Post
                I recieved my 48-in-1 just the other day, still wiring the cab at the moment.. Can 1943 run in alternating mode like the other games?

Thanks
                Not to my knowledge 2nd player joins in the same game..

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
                  Not to my knowledge 2nd player joins in the same game..
                  That's correct, 1943 is a 2-player simultaneous game, not alternating.

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/1943

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=6769

EDIT: Hmmmm, there is a photo on KLOV of a cocktail cabinet with 1943 on it, how could you play 2-player on it?

Matthew
                  Last edited by felixthadog; 2nd April 2008, 03:02 PM. Reason: Found something odd

Comment

It works like this - If you set a 48 in 1 up as an upright 1 Joystick it will alternate play using the same joystick, If you set it up as an upright 2 joysticks it will alternate play but P2 will use there own joystick & buttons (except 1943 of course).

To set up the PCB to your liking you need to depress the test switch on boot up, so don't forget to wire this up if your cab doesn't allready have it (pin 15 parts side & GND) to an external switch.

It really depends on how it is most likely to be used & personal preference but I prefer the single Joystick in the centre of the CP (it's nice to be in the centre of the screen rather than off to one side), that is easily 4 way / 8 way switchable like the sturdy MCA's.

As for 1943, there is a DIP for tabletop/upright, but it still didn't alternate on my board

I like the 48s but the sounds a bit off in some games Bombjack,1943 are the most notable - installing an external amp helps...

Have fun

Comment

cheers for that. does it mean you have to wire up p1+2 together

im thinking a external amp. is it safe to run the power off the powersupply for the amp? im running a old pc speaker amp that i ripped out of a internal speaker case has the molex plug to connect to a pc power supply (i plan to run the pcb on the same PS)
                      you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Originally posted by SectionZ View Post
                        It really depends on how it is most likely to be used & personal preference but I prefer the single Joystick in the centre of the CP (it's nice to be in the centre of the screen rather than off to one side), that is easily 4 way / 8 way switchable like the sturdy MCA's.
                        If I bought one of these boards I'd have to buy one of these magstick plus joysticks from Ultimarc.

Just by pulling the joystick knob upwards and rotating it can change from 4-way to 8-way. There's no way I could play Donkey Kong with an 8-way or Juno First in 4-way, I'd hate it.

Originally posted by SectionZ View Post
                        I like the 48s but the sounds a bit off in some games Bombjack,1943 are the most notable - installing an external amp helps...
                        Did you use an amp like this?

How much better did the external amp help?

Comment

Another quick question. The 48-in-1 has a power connector on the pcb. Does this mean i do not have to power up the cabinet anymore? So i could leave the jamma wireing harness powerless ?
                          In My "arcade":

-Gottlieb Stargate Pinball Machine 1995 () ()
                          -U-turn candy dispensing machine ()

More to come!

Comment

cab be run of a PC power supply
                            you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Actually I used a PC subwoofer & shielded speakers, just as you would in a mame Cab, but I interfaced them between where the cabs harness links to the Speakers & powered them externaly, vol control is mounted on top of cab too. It's nice to have control over treb / bass. I havn't had any problem even with my most valued boards, infact I think it's less stress on the PCB's amp, but I should really check this out with one of the techs before recommending. I do love that thump in space invaders though

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X