Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

48-1 question

n4sa

Question

24 answers to this question

check your switches are all open by default, some switches have dual pole on them and if wired wrong may cause your problem.

The 48in1 should still go through the demos on free play until 1P or 2P are pressed at which time it stay on the page until you select a game.

if you can select a game with the joystick without touching the P1 or P2 this will proove the theory. If you can still start the games this is purly because when the button is pressed and then released it still registers a switch motion but the wrong way round.

Is there a pattern between if you exit a game before powering off?

ie, exit game, then power off, or power off while in a game? Also perhaps delays between exiting and powering off? perhaps it needs a certain amount of time to write the changes to flash. IT would most certainly need to exit the game before power off, mame doesn't write the highscore.dat file until it exits, i don't think ..

(i know this isn't strictly mame we're talking about, but it is no doubt based on the mame source code)

Well, now i've got mine up and running, ive done those tests, and no luck... seems to be games that let you enter your initials do not save .. DIP3 is registering as set in diagnostic mode also.. I haven't yet actually see any game save yet, but I don't think i've played much of frogger and the older "score only" ones..

• Super Moderator
Hadn't noticed it before but I have the same prob. on my 48 in 1 aswell

With yours I would make sure dipswitch 3 is on as I dont think it would of been turned on when the board was installed

Nah just a slack tech here in Perth I would say ;)

That's the thing though he did set it and I've moved the no. 3 dip switch on and off (turning the machine off in between of course) and still have same prob. I'll have a better look later.

hardest part i find is no continue once game ends its over and i suck atm at most games :(

continues are for pussies!:tomato

Most of these games never supported continues but some do and the 48in1 supports this. to use the continue just select the same game from the menu like 1942 and it should go back to the continue option the game originally supported.

I noticed (but haven't tested yet) that in the config screens for each game, there are a few that have the option to turn on continues via their individual dip-switch settings, they were all set to OFF by default. Like you said, I also suck at a lot of these older games, so I used the settings to bump the life-count for nearly every game, and lowered the bonus-life reward scores ;)

I should get a new marquee that says: Warning: Easy Mode!

I noticed (but haven't tested yet) that in the config screens for each game, there are a few that have the option to turn on continues via their individual dip-switch settings, they were all set to OFF by default. Like you said, I also suck at a lot of these older games, so I used the settings to bump the life-count for nearly every game, and lowered the bonus-life reward scores ;)

I should get a new marquee that says: Warning: Easy Mode!

Even after doing that, some games are still bloody hard. After all, they were designed to suck in the coinage i spose.

:evil Yeah well i dont care bout continue.

But High Score is a different matter.

Would Be Nice If High Score Saved:cry

DIP 3 on ,,,,,,,,,,,, Brain off!!!

I want to thrash those Retro Games !!!:D:D

Ando........